Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #11
JoeBanks

Default Re: Blacklist Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHound View Post
Probably not. Unless the script itself is given an 8, you're basically screwed.
I think there are several scripts that have proven this to be demonstrably false
Old 06-12-2015, 10:49 PM   #12
screenwriter1
User

Thanks for all the info. I am considering taking the change after hearing that I am leaning closer to paying for a review.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #13
FranklinLeonard

We actually recently ran the numbers on this. About 24.9% of the scripts that host without purchasing a single evaluation receive at least one industyr professional download.

Out of curiosity FoxHound, those evaluations where you received an 8 for premise, what were your ratings overall?
Old 06-13-2015, 12:32 AM   #14
screenwriter1
User

Thanks Franklin that is good to know. I placed in the Ultimate Logline Contest for Female Protagonists. A female writer suffering from writers block develops a romantic bond with a man who she thinks is perfect, unaware that he is the alien from her story. I had a great time learning from your panel at the Scriptfest with Diablo Cody and Brian Duffield. It has made me more intrigued on the site. They said you were at the East Coast. However, your assistant did a great job. It was neat that they opened it up to questions after thirty minutes. It was really awesome so thank you.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:37 AM   #15
FoxHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
We actually recently ran the numbers on this. About 24.9% of the scripts that host without purchasing a single evaluation receive at least one industyr professional download.

Out of curiosity FoxHound, those evaluations where you received an 8 for premise, what were your ratings overall?
A 6 and two 5's. It's a killer premise so I was surprised no one even bothered to look.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:57 AM   #16
Richmond Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHound View Post
A 6 and two 5's. It's a killer premise so I was surprised no one even bothered to look.
And I really do mean this with no snark: maybe it's not such a killer premise.

The other thing that's probably keeping people from looking are the overall scores. There's going to be some disconnect between the written evaluation and the scores (I was convinced I was a genius based on the good things said about my scripts on the BL, but the scores didn't buttress that argument), but the bottomline is the overall score.

There are people who've gotten 8s or 9s and haven't gotten anywhere with their scripts. A 5 or a 6 just isn't going to get anyone's attention.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:50 AM   #17
bmcthomas

The OP had his question answered. No need to rehash anyone else's Blacklist experience.
Closed Thread