• Show
Clear All

Re: "Bad" Movies You Love

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
    Okay, I'll answer seriously...

HOLY MOUNTAIN

What! In! The! FUKK!?

Seen it?

Simultaneously the worst and best film I've ever seen. Incredibly self indulgent. It fukkin' sucks ass (literally someone takes a sh!t on screen and they light it on fire and "smoke" it to get high) but is EPIC in its "THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO DO!" ness by Jodorowsky.

The ending... holy sh!t... this dude was high as fukk when he wrote/directed this. AND IT FUKKIN GOT MADE!

Funny you should mention him, I just finished working on a huge translation project around JODO's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
      Funny you should mention him, I just finished working on a huge translation project around JODO's work.
      Ahhh... COOL! Hope it was a good time.

I respect the hell outta him for doing exactly what he wanted to. So rare.
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
        Ahhh... COOL! Hope it was a good time.

I respect the hell outta him for doing exactly what he wanted to. So rare.

The guy's 90 and still going strong, so yeah, respect. I do think he was really crushed by the failure of DUNE. Luckily he was able to recycle a lot of those ideas into his comics, which are now his primary source of income.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
          The guy's 90 and still going strong, so yeah, respect. I do think he was really crushed by the failure of DUNE. Luckily he was able to recycle a lot of those ideas into his comics, which are now his primary source of income.

Cool! I had no idea what he was up to these days. 90 and still writing, WOW! Good for him! Thanks for sharing that story.
          Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

The John Wick movies have stellar fight choreography. The best I've seen in years.

The Lost World is my favorite Jurassic Park movie. Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie. Maybe I'm weird (though I'll admit both of these had some annoying characters). I also have a thing for cheesy old fantasy movies. Legend, The 13th Warrior, Conan, Black Cauldron, the old Ray Harryhausen Sinbad films, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
              The John Wick movies have stellar fight choreography. The best I've seen in years.

The Lost World is my favorite Jurassic Park movie. Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie. Maybe I'm weird (though I'll admit both of these had some annoying characters). I also have a thing for cheesy old fantasy movies. Legend, The 13th Warrior, Conan, Black Cauldron, the old Ray Harryhausen Sinbad films, etc.
              Lost World? -- you win the game!!!

Temple of Doom is my favorite too (not the best thought to me). But it's the one I grew up with and other 80s kids. I assume i saw this movie before Raiders as I was 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                Lost World? -- you win the game!!!

Temple of Doom is my favorite too (not the best thought to me). But it's the one I grew up with and other 80s kids. I assume i saw this movie before Raiders as I was 6.
                Haha. I think Temple of Doom as my favorite is also a nostalgia thing.

It'll be hard to defend Lost World over the first so I won't bother. Maybe it's nostalgia as well. I'll just say that the T-rex in the creek and the "keep out of the long grass" scenes are two of my all time favorites out of any movie. I get pumped just thinking about it.

Comment

Temple is so much better than Last Crusade. That's not even a hot take.

Comment

Ugh, Temple is just a bad movie, period. I can't stand that one, and I love the other two. Such a piece of crap.

Comment

Willy and Shortround do their part to crap it up but I thought it was a fun adventure movie. Haven't seen it in a while though.

Comment

Ack ack! Mars Attacks Ack ack!

Comment

Commando has been a not-very guilty pleasure for a long time. It's so over-the-top corny and unrealistic that I think it only works if you take it as a comedy.

Comment

Extreme Ops (2002) A team of extreme sport pros outwit terrorists while filming a commercial in the Alps. Terrible, yet strangely compelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZoACTYqwbg

"Wooooo! Let's go!"

Comment

I hate to admit this, but I can watch some Roger Corman films...no need to watch them twice...however...since some of the same stock footage shows up repeatedly in numerous films.

Comment

A film that was reviled by some critics and shunned by ticket buyers ...

I do kinda love this one: Hudsucker Proxy

I actually saw it in a theater during its wide theatrical release...very, very few people can say that.

Comment

Working...
                                X