No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
    i wonder if we could start a private group for writers to review black list scripts? it'd be fun to discuss. not to trash writers, just to talk about the craft, you know?

I'd join.

Comment

I think best of and favorites are the same thing. I really do. I don't want to fight about it by any means, but I don't see the difference other than semantics.

I was just telling someone else off board, but I know the Tyler story very well... it wasn't trackingb -- scriptshadow was the reason it blew up... he sent it in for notes and scriptshadow loved it and promoted it... industry people came a calling...

Comment

It's interesting how you never know where your break will come from. There were 4 other finalists with Mickey Fisher and he's the one that became a mogul. Evan Daugherty went through many false starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          I think best of and favorites are the same thing. I really do. I don't want to fight about it by any means, but I don't see the difference other than semantics.

I was just telling someone else off board, but I know the Tyler story very well... it wasn't trackingb -- scriptshadow was the reason it blew up... he sent it in for notes and scriptshadow loved it and promoted it... industry people came a calling...
          geez, i could've sworn he used it to win another contest. humpf.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
            It's interesting how you never know where your break will come from. There were 4 other finalists with Mickey Fisher and he's the one that became a mogul. Evan Daugherty went through many false starts.
            Dude... I've had hella false starts.

You know what will absolutely fukk with your head?

1) First script you write gets you repped at a big4 agency.

2) Second script you write has a huge producer calling you from on set of his current (100 mil) film to offer you a job.

3) First TV show you ever write sells. And the showrunners you dreamed of attaching fukkin DO!

Now you think "Sheeeeet man, I know what the fukk I'm doing, bruh!" No you fukkin don't! Especially early on, don't fall for your own hype. You will LIKELY crash at some point (i.e. "Crap Out" on something) and have to reevaluate your entire writing prowess.
            Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
              Dude... I've had hella false starts.

You know what will absolutely fukk with your head?

1) First script you write gets you repped at a big4 agency.

2) Second script you write has a huge producer calling you from on set of his current (100 mil) film to offer you a job.

3) First TV show you ever write sells. And the showrunners you dreamed of attaching fukkin DO!

Now you think "Sheeeeet man, I know what the fukk I'm doing, bruh!" No you fukkin don't! Especially early on, don't fall for your own hype. You will LIKELY crash at some point (i.e. "Crap Out" on something) and have to reevaluate your entire writing prowess.

I picture you sipping a tallboy by the pool after the above 3 somehow. So....anyone find happiness? I think many go in thinking they'll be like Dan Fogelman.....pretty much get hot after the first thing they write and then are pretty much in demand after that. I am guessing that's not the reality for many.

Comment

I picture you sipping a tallboy by the pool after the above 3 somehow. So....anyone find happiness? I think many go in thinking they'll be like Dan Fogelman.....pretty much get hot after the first thing they write and then are pretty much in demand after that. I am guessing that's not the reality for many.
                Yup... only, sub tequila. ;-)

I was like "Bruh, here the fukk I am... MADE IT!" LOL

VOICE OC: "Bro, no you have not! Chill bruh! You ain't sh!t yet... WATCH!"

Yeah, almost no one's journey is smooth. Most have plenty of false starts. Especially in this current climate. Gotta keep the ego in check.

Hustle! But keep the ego in check. Because it could all end tomorrow with one bad draft.

Comment

Yup... only, sub tequila. ;-)

I was like "Bruh, here the fukk I am... MADE IT!" LOL

VOICE OC: "Bro, no you have not! Chill bruh! You ain't sh!t yet... WATCH!"

Yeah, almost no one's journey is smooth. Most have plenty of false starts. Especially in this current climate. Gotta keep the ego in check.

Hustle! But keep the ego in check. Because it could all end tomorrow with one bad draft.

So you're saying they're not going to put you on a golden throne and back up the brinks truck to pipe money directly into your newly bought Malibu home? You're going to need a team to keep my ego in check then.

Comment

Originally posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
                    I'd join.
                    I'd join, too, if only because I was on it and want to see what you guys think. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

Just a few days ago, another writer got signed from appearing on scriptshadow with a AOW script (he signed with Good Fear) And before that, a writer got a greenlit movie deal for a horror that appeared there (that script didn't even get a great review from scriptshadow).

http://scriptshadow.net/is-cop-cam-t...-scriptshadow/

I think people want others to do the vetting for them and scriptshadow is an easy place to look, rather than requesting material through queries.

Comment

So you're saying they're not going to put you on a golden throne and back up the brinks truck to pipe money directly into your newly bought Malibu home? You're going to need a team to keep my ego in check then.
                        You never know... maybe you're the Golden Child. *wink*

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
                          I'd join, too, if only because I was on it and want to see what you guys think. lol.
                          This is funny to me. Why wouldn't we share each other's scripts and actually get something out of it? I'd be interested in that. Reading TBL scripts kinda means nothing to our careers. Just say'n. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
                            Just a few days ago, another writer got signed from appearing on scriptshadow with a AOW script (he signed with Good Fear) And before that, a writer got a greenlit movie deal for a horror that appeared there (that script didn't even get a great review from scriptshadow).

http://scriptshadow.net/is-cop-cam-t...-scriptshadow/

I think people want others to do the vetting for them and scriptshadow is an easy place to look, rather than requesting material through queries.
                            concept seems pretty cool. i can see why he likes this spec. he does contradict himself a bit with, nothing seems to happen in the first 40 pages and if it was a "read the first 10," he wouldn't have continued to read. but that can be fixed since it sounds like after that the writer kicks the reader's ass pretty good with unexpected turns.

i completely forgot about Scriptshadow.
                            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

This is funny to me. Why wouldn’t we share each other’s scripts and actually get something out of it? I’d be interested in that. Reading TBL scripts kinda means nothing to our careers. Just say’n. Lol
                              the suggestion wasn't about advancing anyone's careers but rather to read well liked scripts in the industry to see what's out there and discuss what works and what doesn't work among other like minded people.

i read scripts. i enjoy them as much as films. reading scripts that are ready to produce is an asset at coming to understand when a spec is ready. imo, reading scripts at this level keeps your writing instincts sharp.

you can share your scripts to get feedback. it doesn't have to be one or the other, you can do both, one or none.

i remember pierce brosnan's partner telling me (in a group years ago) that she reads the annual black list scripts over christmas break. it's nice to be able to evaluate a spec and identify WHAT makes it special. there's a reason they're on the list. i still remember scripts like SOMACELL and PINCUSHION (awesome spec) and GARDEN AT THE END OF THE WORLD (another awesome script).

and if you ever need a read, let me know. i'm game.
                              Last edited by finalact4; 08-18-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                                the suggestion wasn't about advancing anyone's careers but rather to read well liked scripts in the industry to see what's out there and discuss what works and what doesn't work among other like minded people.

i read scripts. i enjoy them as much as films. reading scripts that are ready to produce is an asset at coming to understand when a spec is ready. imo, reading scripts at this level keeps your writing instincts sharp.

you can share your scripts to get feedback. it doesn't have to be one or the other, you can do both, one or none.

i remember pierce brosnan's partner telling me (in a group years ago) that she reads the annual black list scripts over christmas break. it's nice to be able to evaluate a spec and identify WHAT makes it special. there's a reason they're on the list. i still remember scripts like SOMACELL and PINCUSHION (awesome spec) and GARDEN AT THE END OF THE WORLD (another awesome script).

and if you ever need a read, let me know. i'm game.

I hear you, I just don't have that kinda time. Wish I did!

So... I'd rather try to help "us" move forward. Via notes etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X