Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Well, I must say Depp looks the part of Willy Wonka far more than creepy Gene Wilder did in the original. He always looked like he wanted to molest the children in the original. I hated the original. Bring on Burton and Depp

Re: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Originally posted by Pen Dragon
    I hated the original.

What!??!

Comment

i've always been shunned because of it

Comment

That's too bad. There are far better reasons to shun you.
        "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

Comment

My wife and I saw a trailer for it recently... to which she said afterward...

"That was johnny depp?"

Comment

I think this remake can greatly improve on everything except Gene Wilder's performance. I don't believe even Depp can outdo him there.

Comment

"That was johnny depp?"
                I think I've said the same thing about five or six of his movies. The guy is a freaking chameleon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pen Dragon
                  i've always been shunned because of it
                  As well you should be....

I was very angry when I first heard about the remake, but then I said "Billy, you still have the original. You can watch it whenever you want." And I felt better.
                  "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
                  Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

I caught the trailer on TV the other night and had no clue a new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was coming out. So naturally, I said to my girlfriend, "Holy ****! The glass elevator!" before the title came up and dashed my hopes.

Hopefully they don't take out the musical nature of the movie. I hate musicals, but I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for it.

P.S. Depp will possibly get an Oscar. I just want to see him get one for SOMETHING. He's been screwed out of quite a few.
                    My God, it's full of stars!

Comment

No musical numbers. No... "Ooompa loompa."..no "Come with meeee, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination...."

But I'm glad actually. I want this to be very different and I think it will be.

"Augustus, my chocoloate can never be touched by human hands, Augustus! Nooo! My chocolate!! My beautiful chocolate."

Somvon chelp, he'll be made into marshmallows.

"Impossible my dear, absurd!"

Vhy?

"That doesn't go to the marsmallow room, it's goes to the fudge room"

http://www.eventsounds.com/wav/oompa.wav
                      "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
                      Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Working...
                      X