Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache question

I just watched this great French film again, but I'm still confused by the last shot (they hold on the school's entrance). Can anyone explain it?

Re: Cache question

Yes. As the kids leave the school, we see on our left the young son coming down the steps and being met by the son of the man who committed suicide--in fact the only person of color we see in that scene, I seem to remember. The implication, in this movie about memory, guilt and generations, is that the son now has a friend who will in some way influence him.

Comment

Jake, I completely missed seeing that in the shot. However, couldn't that also be interpreted that the Algerian (son of the man who committed suicide) is still out for revenge -- and he's up to no good with the boy? Of course, Haneke has said that he goes for vague endings, so I guess it can be interpreted a number of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasquali56 View Post
        Jake, I completely missed seeing that in the shot. However, couldn't that also be interpreted that the Algerian (son of the man who committed suicide) is still out for revenge -- and he's up to no good with the boy? Of course, Haneke has said that he goes for vague endings, so I guess it can be interpreted a number of ways.
        Absolutely, Pasquali. It can be looked at in all sorts of ways.

Comment

Working...
        X