Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Man 2

How did Ivan gain control over Don Cheadles suit?

Tony Stark in Hulk:"What would you say if I told you we're putting a team together? "

My eye's were glazing over but wasn't there a scene where Garry Shandling was talking to the supposedly dead criminal Ivan? Was the Senator in on the drone wars?
    Frustrated? Click here for help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Comment

Originally posted by Mycroftbrett View Post
      How did Ivan gain control over Don Cheadles suit?

Tony Stark in Hulk:"What would you say if I told you we're putting a team together? "

My eye's were glazing over but wasn't there a scene where Garry Shandling was talking to the supposedly dead criminal Ivan? Was the Senator in on the drone wars?
      I image the war machine suit was "tied into" the Hammer servers that whiplash had hacked.

I don't think Shandling and Rourke are ever on screen together?

Comment

This movie was garbage. Sloppy writing from beginning to end. Logic was thrown to the wayside. Weak Antagonist, plot-holes galore. So dumb it's embarrassing.

My quick rewrite.

Start the movie in Monaco, We open the film with a bang, and get the audiences attention instead of put them to sleep.

Strengthen Ivan's motivations and make him a more active character. Do this by having him hack into Tony's Suit, essentially taking it over and leading to the deaths of many people. This causes tony to doubt himself and the Iron man suit. It also prompts the army to hire Justin Hammer to take out Iron man using his drones.

Tony uses his intelligence to fight Ivan. Outside of the suit we see his vulnerability. And ups the tension. Have him remain out of the suit until the final battle where he reacquires it to save Rhodes who's decided to go up against Ivan himself but doesn't have the experience to do so.

Excuse my poor grammar at this point. I'm very tired and angry with this POS movie.
        http://www.mortalremainsthemovie.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal_Remains View Post
          This movie was garbage. Sloppy writing from beginning to end. Logic was thrown to the wayside. Weak Antagonist, plot-holes galore. So dumb it's embarrassing.

My quick rewrite.

Start the movie in Monaco, We open the film with a bang, and get the audiences attention instead of put them to sleep.

Strengthen Ivan's motivations and make him a more active character. Do this by having him hack into Tony's Suit, essentially taking it over and leading to the deaths of many people. This causes tony to doubt himself and the Iron man suit. It also prompts the army to hire Justin Hammer to take out Iron man using his drones.

Tony uses his intelligence to fight Ivan. Outside of the suit we see his vulnerability. And ups the tension. Have him remain out of the suit until the final battle where he reacquires it to save Rhodes who's decided to go up against Ivan himself but doesn't have the experience to do so.

Excuse my poor grammar at this point. I'm very tired and angry with this POS movie.
          Also, the way Tony discovers the new element is SO donkey, so easy, no suspense whatsoever. I mean, isn't the better (and blatantly obvious) choice is that the element doesn't work at first? Forcing Tony into a life-and-death dilemma?

The action scenes at the end were laughable. Felt so rushed, so thrown together, so sloppy. The more I think about it, the more laughable they get.
          Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

*SPOILERS*

Fun, but entirely lacking a thematic core. As a result, the third act is a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Compare it with the first film's third act, and how Stark has to defeat the weapons he helped to create, and prove that outgunning your opponent isn't what's important, but outsmarting them.

In this, it's merely a long battle with "drones," which we know by their very nature are not going to successfully kill Iron Man or War Machine, because we've seen robots like these wiped out in a million movies. The threat of death was never there... except for the implied death of hundreds of extras, which has little to no emotional resonance for the main characters.

Then Whiplash shows back up fully-suited, in a setting where we've already seen one battle scene, and they have a battle with him shorter than the battle with the drones or the fight on the race course. A fight so lacking in twists that I hade trouble believing that it was all over when it was. And Whiplash's final method of victory is... a self-destruct mode that provides ample warning to allow the heroes plenty of time to escape. Brilliant.

Stark's internal conflict isn't much of one at all. He's living recklessly because he's dying until the clues are dropped in his lap and he solves a puzzle that cures him.

The whole section there with SHIELD dropping information in his lap was handled quite poorly. The Black Widow reveal is entirely unmotivated.

It's a charming movie, a fun diversion, but this is why you should not rush sequels into production. Get the script right... well, except that the crazy amount of money pouring into the coffers says otherwise.

Comment

This movie rocked.
              https://actbreakdown.com

Comment

Working...
              X