Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2019, 02:34 PM   #21
Friday

Default Re: Tracking Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
I honestly never heard of those stories -- but of course that happened! Twitter yes. Reddit no.

And I was joking of course -- but by "a couple of funny posts" you mean EVERYTHING YOUR WRITE IS BRILLIANT, right?

Well, sometimes, you're serious. You're not joking all the time. So, don't take offense....I mean of the times you were joking, you had some funny posts.

Someone answered a thread on battling the Romans, it went viral and I think a manager contacted the reddit writer and got him a deal with Warner Bros. Not sure how the Two Sentence Horror stories went about, but someone mentioned it started on reddit.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #22
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
Simply for the record, "Rome, Sweet Rome" by James Erwin was picked up by Adam Kolbrenner after he (or probably his assistant) spotted Erwin's posts about the idea once they reached the top of Reddit.com.

This was first set up/listed on our main site back in October 2011. Super rare? Yes. But it did actually happen.

Right! Rome Sweet Rome. I kept trying to remember that name. Cool premise. Kind of wished they had figured out how to do it.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:33 PM   #23
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
No, no. Erwin Stoff just manages & produces. I was noting James Erwin who was & still is a two-time "Jeopardy!" winner. I'd tend to think some of that notoriety probably helped a little too with the interest level in the project vs. something by a complete unknown. Can't say for sure, by any means.
Ahh gotcha... Yeah, I remember now that you say that.

Also, Stoff took me under his wing. Great guy. IMO. Gave me a shot. Really went outta his way for me. I do have some nice things to say about this industry. LOL
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:35 PM   #24
Bono

You should start a thread GUCCI GIVES BACK and just say all the nice things you CAN about Hollywood and people you've met.

Last edited by Bono : 08-25-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #25
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
You should start a thread GUCCI GIVES BACK and just say all the nice things you cant think about Hollywood and people you've met.
Can't or Can?

One thread will be WAY shorter than the other. Just say'n. Ha!
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:43 AM   #26
Cayden Black
User

Late to the party, but yes tracking boards do exist among some, unfortunately, we as writers will more than likely not have access to this info. I know this to be true because somehow awhile back I ended up with access to a Google group that I had never signed up for and the group was discussing and passing around specs I had not heard of until about a week after my access was taken away.

So I guess I wouldn't call it a tracking board, however, there are private groups that track these things.
Cayden Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #27
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayden Black View Post
Late to the party, but yes tracking boards do exist among some, unfortunately, we as writers will more than likely not have access to this info. I know this to be true because somehow awhile back I ended up with access to a Google group that I had never signed up for and the group was discussing and passing around specs I had not heard of until about a week after my access was taken away.

So I guess I wouldn't call it a tracking board, however, there are private groups that track these things.
Who were these people? What job title? Thanks!