No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tru Blood Season Finale

what did you think?

i thought it could've been a little edier and left us with a little more at the end to make us be excited for the next season being as we have to wait an entire year for it to come back on....

also Eggs can't act....when he was screaming and pleading with Andy at the end he was really unconvincing for someone that was supposed to be having a breakdown or whatever he was doing....
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Re: Tru Blood Season Finale

For one, please, could someone ACTUALLY spell the show name properly? It's True Blood. There's and E on the end of True. Tru Blood is the drink. True Blood is the show.
    Last edited by 12916studios; 09-14-2009, 08:33 PM.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

What Studios says is tru
      One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

This ep wasn't as bad as the previous one - but both were stunningly inferior to the rest of the season. Some of the stuff last night was just silly, like a first time writer trying to write a horror movie. Summoning an old god always reaks of bad English horror flicks from the '70's, you know?

And I love this show. It's just the last two episodes weren't anywhere near the level of previous eps.

That being said, good ending with the bull in the end.

Comment

I don't know, things (like Eggs at the end) just seemed to happen. And again, I'm finding it hard to work out what was so off in this episode. Maybe the dialogue of the 'mesmerized' townsfolk?

I feel like the show flips back and forth between the gothic, hardcore aspect (which I love) and the corny.

That said, the bull scene and the closer were great.

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
            For one, please, could someone ACTUALLY spell the show name proparly? It's True Blood. There's and E on the end of True. Tru Blood is the drink. True Blood is the show.

only if you spell the word properly correct.
            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
              only if you spell the word properly correct.
              I have no clue what you're talking about.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

lmao!!!

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I liked the bull closure scene.

However, am I the only one bothered by the structure of the True Blood season finales? They did the exact same thing in the season 1 finale where the actual finale is about 20-30min long and then they spend the last 30min on the denoument/setting up the next season.

I just find it annoying. Seems the actual finale (closing of the season's plot line) should be around 40-45min. It's a bit silly when the bad guy is dead before the 30min mark.

Also, the whole season seemed to be about two episodes too long. I think I recall a couple of frustrating filler episodes. Also, Mary Ann's plotline moved at a glacial pace. Answers about her identity should've come a couple of episodes sooner than they did. It felt we were strung along just a bit longer than necessary...

At least imho. Needless to say, I'll still be watching next season. It's a fun show just...frustrating at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakkal View Post
                    Also, the whole season seemed to be about two episodes too long. I think I recall a couple of frustrating filler episodes. Also, Mary Ann's plotline moved at a glacial pace. Answers about her identity should've come a couple of episodes sooner than they did. It felt we were strung along just a bit longer than necessary...

At least imho. Needless to say, I'll still be watching next season. It's a fun show just...frustrating at times.
                    Absolutely agree, season peaked after vampire Ghandi (Godric) left. Well the good news is, since the finale sucked, the 9-8 month wait until Season 3 is that much more tolerable. Right now I couldn't care less about who kidnapped Bill.

Comment

The finale was terrible. Everything just felt so arbitrary; let's kill Eggs, let's reinstate Andy, let's have Jessica start killing humans. The set-up with Jason and Andy set to save the town went nowhere,. Same with Sookie's mysterious new power. And Erik was completely sidelined.
                      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

yea and they actually revealed sookie was a little more than just a mind reader on the first episode when she was attacked......then she has never used that same power again until the finale of season 2. i'm tempted to ask somebody who has read the book what the hell she is or supposed to be. i think i know....but dont want to throw it out there.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I thought it was fine, but some good points from everyone. I agree on the point that the season was at a high point when Godrick flamed up.

Comment

Working...
                          X