Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black List Option - Slayer

I don't know if Joel visits this site or not, but I noticed that his script, which was a Featured Script on the Black List website maybe about four months or so ago, was optioned last Friday and the writer's manager is Daniel Vang and Scott Stoop.

So, the Black List can be a way to get your script into hollywood's hands.

I just wanted to congratulate, Joel, Daniel, Scott and everyone else involved and wish them the best on their journey into development of the feature and graphic novel.

Title: Slayer
    Logline: When his wife is kidnapped and his village slaughtered, a simple fisherman trains for 20 years to become the greatest warrior alive in order to wreak vengeance on the four demonic knights responsible.
    Writer: Joel Dorland
    Manager: Daniel Vang & Scott Stoop
    Mngmnt Firm: Good Fear Film + Management
    Prod. Co: Prime Universe Productions Marlowe Pictures
    Genre: Action Fantasy
    Logged: 1/13/2017
    More: Option. Spec. Adrian Askarieh and Giulio Marantonio will produce. Tim Daniel and artist Christian DiBari have been hired to create a one-shot graphic novel based on the script.
    My script Tracker is currently the Featured Script so, I am hopeful, too. We already had an option offer from someone who found it on the Black List. Didn't work out.

This just shows that writers break-in in all kinds of ways. So, keep writing, and never give up.

Wishing everyone a very prosperous writing year.
    FA4
    Last edited by finalact4; 01-19-2017, 06:55 PM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Black List Option - Slayer

Doubt it was a paid option, or if it was for much if so, but still great news.

Sounds like a cool script. I remember loving the art that the BL produced for it.

Comment

I lurk.

Thanks for that. Hope for some luck on your script also, finalact4.

Comment

jdorland,

Congrats to you.

Perhaps you'd be willing to share with us the highlights of your journey with "Slayer"? How long you worked on it, what worked for you, what you learned a long the way--that sort of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by jdorland View Post
          I lurk.

Thanks for that. Hope for some luck on your script also, finalact4.
          Thanks, jdorland, I'm looking forward to seeing your film in my local IMAX...

I'll be in the second row, dead center, supporting you all the way.

See you then.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by Levenger View Post
            Doubt it was a paid option, or if it was for much if so, but still great news.

Sounds like a cool script. I remember loving the art that the BL produced for it.
            What makes you suggest this?

Comment

Originally posted by Jen915 View Post
              What makes you suggest this?
              Don't know Marlowe Pictures but know Prime Universe.

Comment

Working...
              X