No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 4-18-07

Just as good as last weeks.

Interesting to the snowglobe isn't completely solid...
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Re: Lost 4-18-07

So, minutia experts ... have we ever seen parachute girl before, anywhere? I'm blank.
    sigpic
    "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
    that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
    -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Parachute girl is new. Presumably, she's from the arctic station last seen in the season 2 finale. The copy of Catch-22 she had in her backpack was in Portugese, which would match her to the Brazillians in the station. So Penny must have sent her to find Desmond after they picked up the Swan's magnetic pulse.

I really liked this episode. I'm getting a feeling that they have a grand plan for Desmond and this time travelling plot. And that's a relief. Of course, the big Easter egg was the picture on the monk's desk of him and the jewelry store lady from Desmond's time travel flashback. Not quite sure what to make of that yet. But the parachute girl is a significant development in the show. And seeing Desmond, Charlie, Jin and Hurley take center stage is always a nice thing. I know it's been a tough task and an issue for a lot of fans, but I think by the end of the season we will find that all of the characters' screen time has been pretty well balanced. Well, maybe excluding Jack.

Ele...

Comment

The only way today's episode is interesting is if saving Chahlie somehow caused Desmond's reality to shift so that the parachute girl is the "Penny" in this version of his life. Like if he held up the photo at the very end, instead of Penny, it was parachute girl standing next to him. That would have been great. Still could happen. It won't. But it could have.

I mean I realize that it's important to show that Desmond ALMOST let Chahlie die for the wrong girl, but still.

Come on. Show of hands. When they he the helmet off, how many of you said, "SANJAYA?!"

Anyway, let's face it - slow lingering shots of, E.L. getting dressed made this the single greatest episode of Lost ever. Bravo.

I'd make her a mix tape. For damn sure.

Comment

Here's my thing:

If he had let Charlie die, still found the parachuter and it still wasn't Penny it would have been a great episode. The LOST Deadpoolers would have had a stroke. Nobodies safe! Leave up to Charlie to take his foot off the Land Mine.

I don't think the parachuter would've been Penny anyway, let's face it, if you're the head of your daddy's mammoth Organization you send the cannon fodder out to find your long lost boyfriend and not yourself.
          R.K. Bentley
          My Blog, My Design Studio
          "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by RKBentley View Post

If he had let Charlie die, still found the parachuter and it still wasn't Penny it would have been a great episode. The LOST Deadpoolers would have had a stroke. Nobodies safe! Leave up to Charlie to take his foot off the Land Mine.
            TV Guide's resident Mr. Cool Ausellio spilled how many deaths we can expect before the end of the season. It's surprisingly high. If anyone wants to know the number, PM me. I obviously don't have names, and wouldn't want them either. What fun is that?

Ele...

Comment

Are we watching the same show?

One hour wasted on answering two questions:
              • Why does Desmond call everyone "brother"?
              • What happens to AI castoffs the next day?
              At this point do we really need to see that Desmond is a flawed person? Or that Kate's all like y'know so confused about Jack? (Sweetheart, being the island's cage fellatrix may have put the sterilized nail in that Prince Albert. Disinfect and move on.)

But if that wasn't bad enough, sweet Jesus, they introduce new characters. Desmond was ... engaged!

O Frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

To spend half an episode on character that's already been dealt with two seasons ago is pretty strong evidence that the show is treading water.

Any bets on "Sanjaya" not being all that forthcoming with infomation next week?

lefty

Comment

Originally posted by RKBentley View Post

I don't think the parachuter would've been Penny anyway, let's face it, if you're the head of your daddy's mammoth Organization you send the cannon fodder out to find your long lost boyfriend and not yourself.
                That's not very romantic. Where's the sacrifice? Where's the consequences? Not true love, IMO.

Did they give any clue of Desmond's psycic powers back in season 2? I don't recall them mentioning it or even hinting at it. Seems almost made up for the sake of getting him involved in the story.
                Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

If you look back at Desmond's flashes, you see Penny facing him on the island. There's reason to believe he did change the future by helping Charlie.

Ele...

Comment

Originally posted by left field View Post
                    Are we watching the same show?

One hour wasted on answering two questions:
                    • Why does Desmond call everyone "brother"?
                    • What happens to AI castoffs the next day?
                    lefty
                    Thank god you're here.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon Squad View Post
                      Thank god you're here.
                      Don't get me started on that show.

lefty

Comment

You want time travel? I'll give you time travel. I've seen the future:

Evangeline Lilly will be the hugest movie star ever, when LOST completes itself. Jeebus in Jinglebells, watch the girl's facial expressions, those little shudders she does with her eyes .... heart-achingly subtle and beautiful.

Or watch her slip into a pair of jeans. Either way ... how can she not be huge? Both Evageline Lilly and ... um ... the guy who plays Sawyer: huge futures, say I. Been to the future, don't even argue w' me abou' t.
                        sigpic
                        "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
                        that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
                        -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

All kidding aside, fleshing out characters with material that has already been covered in any number of ways seems like a risky gambit this late in the season.

The entire monastery sequence gave us nothing other than the heavily doctored pic (it could turn out that the monk is simply stalking the old lady and has superimposed her into the photo, so fake did it look) and how Desmond and Penny met. Does it matter how they met? Or that he left his fiancée at the altar?

Maybe I just find it odd that a character introduced in the second season seems to be one that the mystery/potential rescue hinges upon. Shouldn't the castaways be driving this? Nope, they're making goo goo eyes with their gals.

I was ready for Sawyer to ask Jack to join him in a rendition of Kumbaya after the game of table tennis.

You kids see what sex does to you?

lefty

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
                            That's not very romantic. Where's the sacrifice? Where's the consequences? Not true love, IMO.

Did they give any clue of Desmond's psycic powers back in season 2? I don't recall them mentioning it or even hinting at it. Seems almost made up for the sake of getting him involved in the story.
                            all the apparent revelations this season seem made up and tagged on... the thing with the babies last ep didn't really fit.

did Claire's religious visions of the piano in the sea go anywhere? I forget.

is this the only major show in history were a season cliffhanger has been entirely unaddressed for 16 episodes into the subsequent season? Not that I think this ep really qualifies as picking up from where that abandoned storyline left off.

the whole season has been a disaster, it's completely failed to deliver on the promise of seasons one and two. The beach scenes are pure soap opera, reminiscent of the aussie daytime soap "Home And Away". If the writers had worked out pay-offs for mysteries like the four-toed statue and the significance of the Numbers would we really be wasting so much time watching a ping pong ball go back and forth?
                            The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by left field View Post
                              All kidding aside, fleshing out characters with material that has already been covered in any number of ways seems like a risky gambit this late in the season.

The entire monastery sequence gave us nothing other than the heavily doctored pic (it could turn out that the monk is simply stalking the old lady and has superimposed her into the photo, so fake did it look) and how Desmond and Penny met. Does it matter how they met? Or that he left his fiancée at the altar?
                              The point of the flashbacks has always been character first, plot second. This flashback for example, was about sacrifice. This issue of sacrifice proved to be a major element in Desmond's present situation on the island. Even in the times we've had major plot revelations in flashbacks (like what Kate did, or Locke getting in the wheelchair) they've still been there to support the story being told in the present tense.

Ele...

Comment

Working...
                              X