As I write this I'm sitting on the set of a film I wrote...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I write this I'm sitting on the set of a film I wrote...

It's the first day of shooting and the feeling is beyond belief.

It's amazing watching things I can remember writing actually being shot.

For those slugging it out, I hope you get to experience it. It makes the late nights and the mental torture worth it.

(Still has to turn out OK of course, but the director and DOP have done a mountain of work and are pouring everything they've got into it skills-wise.)

Re: As I write this I'm sitting on the set of a film I wrote...

Originally posted by 60WordsPerHour View Post

For those slugging it out, I hope you get to experience it. It makes the late nights and the mental torture worth it.

(Still has to turn out OK of course, but the director and DOP have done a mountain of work and are pouring everything they've got into it skills-wise.)
    Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

It is always nice to hear (or read) of a success for one of our members. May it be the first of many great things.
        We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Cool!

Something amazing about seeing something you made up come to life.

- Bill
          Free Script Tips:
          http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy it all the way!

Comment

woo hoo! (stay out of the sight lines)

Comment

Very nice! Enjoy it.
                http://www.funminecraftservers.com/

Comment

Great news - congratulations!

Come back and plug the flick when it's complete and I, for one, shall be sure to keep an eye open for it.
                  Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

See, I was just about to throw my laptop out the window and you have to come here and be all inspiring

Congrats.
                    what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Dope!

Comment

Congratulations on not having a heart attack or nervous breakdown.
                        On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Wow, way to go 60WordsPerHour. That is phenomenal!! If I might ask, how long do you get to visit the set? And, do they feed you?
                          " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Awesome, way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by MJ Scribe View Post
                              Wow, way to go 60WordsPerHour. That is phenomenal!! If I might ask, how long do you get to visit the set? And, do they feed you?
                              The director wants me there as much as possible. The limiting factor is that I have a day job. I've taken time off from it, but there's still stuff I have to do for it.

Pretty odd sitting there watching precise crane shots and listening in on the audio radio while quietly emailing work on my phone about stuff like mail merges. I wish I could just forget about the job for a while, but I didn't manage to offload everything in time. It's going to be quite stressful.

The lucky thing is that I live 10 minutes away from the studio, and work is 10 minutes away from it. The location stuff will be different, though.

As for the food-hell yes they feed me. Great breakfast and lunch yesterday. I'm going to have to be careful. I'm sitting on my ass most of the day near the script supervisor watching the split monitor. There'll be more calories going in than burnt up.

Comment

Working...
                              X