Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tracking Board LaunchPad vs. TrackingB Competition

nice try, but if a new contest came out and used a similar structure to the Nicholls, you wouldn't say they compared to the Nicholls significance and track record... Same goes here... trackingb (which keeps to its deadlines by the way) has some of the biggest contest success stories ever, period. Compare all of the contests, but don't think because a newer tracking board came up with a contest similar to one that already existed, that they're in the same league because of it. Even if that may be what they want you to think...

Their year end top spec list the Hit List copied the year end Black List... That doesn't make it significant in my mind.

Comment

We can argue about which one is more significant/valuable in terms of outcome as much as we want (some people who have done so are former finalists in one of the competitions, so it's not hard to see why they would express a preference) -- that's ultimately subjective. But I'm yet to see a strong argument as to why the contests are unworthy of comparison in terms of structure/design (the Harry Potter analogy was frankly pretty weak).

Considering the many points of similarity I brought up earlier, I think it is perfectly valid to compare the two.

In any case, I'm glad there are a number of people who've gotten useful information from this thread. TrackingB and LaunchPad are both great, results-producing contests, and I wish the best to anyone who has entered one, or both (as I have).
      "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Semifinalists have finally been announced! And I'm happy to say that...

...I only spent 10 seconds bumming out over not making the list. A new record this time! Lol, here it is:

http://www.tracking-board.com/the-la...ers-announced/

Really happy for Jeanne Bowerman, who runs ScriptMag and has given such great advice and inspiration to writers through her columns. Congrats to anyone else who placed!!
        Last edited by UpandComing; 10-31-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Congrats to any/all DDers who made the cut - and good luck to all TrackingB entrants who made the deadline

Comment

I made Honorable Mention, one of the 15 additional scripts (beyond the 25 finalists) being sent to reps.

If the TB folks have any success promoting my work, which was certainly the goal when I entered their contest, I'll certainly share it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Concord View Post
              I made Honorable Mention, one of the 15 additional scripts (beyond the 25 finalists) being sent to reps.

If the TB folks have any success promoting my work, which was certainly the goal when I entered their contest, I'll certainly share it here.
              Great news, congrats!! It's very cool that they're recognizing more people beyond the semifinalists. That's 40 people being helped overall.

Comment

INTRO TO CREATION - Adam Goldstein
                A comedic retelling of the Book of Genesis from the perspective that God is a 15 year old misfit with no faith in himself and our world is his half-assed Introduction to Creation class project.

This script sounds awesome.
                Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

Exactly.

Originally posted by jsay View Post
                  nice try, but if a new contest came out and used a similar structure to the Nicholls, you wouldn't say they compared to the Nicholls significance and track record... Same goes here... trackingb (which keeps to its deadlines by the way) has some of the biggest contest success stories ever, period. Compare all of the contests, but don't think because a newer tracking board came up with a contest similar to one that already existed, that they're in the same league because of it. Even if that may be what they want you to think...

Their year end top spec list the Hit List copied the year end Black List... That doesn't make it significant in my mind.
                  www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                  http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

This is interesting... On Twitter, Rock Shaink denied any involvement in Tracking Board to Franklin Leonard over and over. And now this is in deadline today about the spec sale Matriarch.

"The script gained some buzz by being tapped as a finalist in the Tracking Board/Launch Pad contest run by Rock Shaink, who'll produce the film with Wick."

If he was so easily able to lie about this, how do we trust anything Tracking Board says?

Comment

This is interesting... On Twitter, Rock Shaink denied any involvement in Tracking Board to Franklin Leonard over and over. And now this is in deadline today about the spec sale Matriarch.

"The script gained some buzz by being tapped as a finalist in the Tracking Board/Launch Pad contest run by Rock Shaink, who'll produce the film with Wick."

If he was so easily able to lie about this, how do we trust anything Tracking Board says?
                      What? Really, he lied about it? Do you have links? I mean, it's been common knowledge that it was his site (at least partially) for years now, on the Serenity Base script that was set up with Scott Free under the same circumstances as Matriarch, it was no secret that he was a producer on it...

Comment

Franklin kept records, even though they keep trying to delete the info (that detail is already removed from Deadline today). He posted the exchange and the original deadline article on his twitter today.

https://twitter.com/franklinleonard

Comment

Well, this is certainly troubling. Although, have to admit, it's the first time I'm hearing about this whole fiasco. Hopefully we'll get more details soon.

Comment

For those of us who don't know what you are talking about, could you nutshell it for us, and tell us why it's so scandalous.
                            "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Sure... For me, it just brings up a credibility/honesty issue. If an individual is involved with a site/competition or owns/part-owns it, and was dishonest or lied about that fact, it makes me question what else this contest or organization with this person running it, might lie about. For example, do they read each entry twice, like they say they do, or is that a lie too?

Comment

I still haven't seen any proof that Rock lied about anything, doesn't seem to be on Franklin's twitter feed, though I may have just missed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X