Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone taken Hal Croasmun's Pro Series?

I'm thinking of taking Hal Croasmun's Pro Series from ScriptsForSale.

Any experiences with this class would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Anyone taken Hal Croasmun's Pro Series?

I took his Pros Series and a few of his other classes a couple of years ago. I'd definitely recommend him. Not a whole lot of emphasis on the theoretical -- his approach is rooted firmly in providing you with practical tools that can improve the quality of your writing. His tips on dialogue, especially, were invaluable.

The cool thing about his Pro Series class is that it involves each student actually creating a script, so at the end of the day, you'll have completed a new project. The script that I wrote in his class went on to place in the top 10 in the American Screenwriting Competition, and was a semifinalist or higher in a couple others. No representation yet though, dangit! A couple of students in my class went on to make it to the semis in the Nicholls Fellowship (not sure if they made it there with the scripts that were written in the Pro Series class, though).

Comment

Re: Anyone taken Hal Croasmun's Pro Series?

Excellent! Thanks, mesmerist. I've signed up for the next Pro Series, and as you said, I'm looking forward to writing a script during the class.

Comment

Working...
      X