No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does IMBDPro list email addresses?

Quick question:

I have a copy of the Hollywood Representation Directory, but many of the agents and managers listed only have postal addresses. Of those that do list email addresses, many of them are generic and not to a specific agent or manager ([email protected]).

Seeing as I am resident outside the US, email queries really are the way to go.

Does IMDBPro have a comprehensive list of non-generic email contacts for agents and managers?

If not, may I ask where you get their email addresses from?

Thanks.

Re: Does IMBDPro list email addresses?

IMDB Pro

It's comprehensive enough, decently up to date and it definitely worth its money.

Welcome to the boards, Lil

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

I just started IMDBPro and I was disappointed with the ratio of email addresses to not for literary managers. It seems like they have an address for 1 out of every 10-15 they list.

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
        I just started IMDBPro and I was disappointed with the ratio of email addresses to not for literary managers. It seems like they have an address for 1 out of every 10-15 they list.
        the trick is just figuring out how the email structure works and extrapolating.

if it only lists one guy like [email protected], rest assured the other people's addresses are first [email protected]

Figure out the structure, get the people's names. That's what imdbpro is good for.
        @PatriotFrames

Comment

Yup, what others have said.

IMDBPro is great for getting names of reps and who they represent, helping you decide who to query. And, like Development has said, all you need is the email structure.

Comment

It's also pretty awesome because you can research their buisness which includes clients, other projects, coworkers. It won't solve all your equations but it will get you started.
            "I wrote my first novel because I wanted to read it." - Toni Morrison

www.ttaraturk.com

Comment

Originally posted by Development Hell View Post
              the trick is just figuring out how the email structure works and extrapolating.

if it only lists one guy like [email protected], rest assured the other people's addresses are first [email protected]

Figure out the structure, get the people's names. That's what imdbpro is good for.
              That's a true story.

Can't believe I didn't think of that one.

Comment

Great work, thanks for the tips guys. Will get started on Pro as soon as I have a logline that doesn't suck.

Comment

I'm late to the discussion (and new to the boards haha), but I can share my experiences over the last week in regards to this question. I bought a book called the 2009 annual agency guide that focuses on literary agents and managers, and used that in collaboration with IMDB PRO and found that the two together worked really well. The comments above are right on in most cases, especially regarding IMDB PRO (some agents/managers have a listed email for a particular agency that allows you to get the format, and more times than not it's the good ole first initial of first name + last name @ agencyname.com)

That said, I have been frustrated too, because there really isn't an "easy" way to come up with these emails, but keep your head up!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and all the other writers out there. These forums are great!

Comment

Working...
                  X