X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abstract Entertainment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
    Uhm...really?
    A friend of mine took one of those masterclasses on Screenwriters Online where Mike and Josh were special guests. Apparently...that's what they said.

Comment

I am in the market for someone "Young and Hungry". I sent a query letter just to see if anything can come out of it.
      Peripeteia - A sudden change of events or reversal of circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by Peripeteia View Post
        I am in the market for someone "Young and Hungry". I sent a query letter just to see if anything can come out of it.
        If you don't mind me asking, did you run into issues with your current rep? I know one of your scripts went wide not too long ago.
        http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

http://www.abstractla.com/

lucidimagine -- I think that should be a questions asked and answered via PM. It's off topic and I've learned don't get too specific on message boards. Also maybe peripeteia didn't want people to know either way.

Do that via email and PM. Just a tip, after running my big mouth many times.

And I'm not afraid or paranoid, it's just best for us writers.

Comment

Bono, It is a little OT, but so are most of the comments here in this topic. They are just generic Abstract questions at this point.

I simply asked because it could be information worth sharing with other writers for the greater good. I don't see an issue with that. If she doesn't want to answer, of course she certainly doesn't have to. Or if she would rather leave it to PM thats also okay. I just figured perhaps there was information that could be pertinent to the group as a whole as he is a manger I know a lot of people around here have queried.

I don't see an issue with the question but certainly respect if she chooses to answer it or not.
            http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

I e mailed them a query. Josh didn't respond, but Mike was very nice and told me that he wasn't looking for anything at the moment and told me would look at it after the summer had passed.

Comment

Code:
                                                   GEORGE W. DUKE
                                         I'm afraid that if you keep goin'
                                         the way you're goin', you're gonna
                                         be watchin' the parade go by.
                Peripeteia - A sudden change of events or reversal of circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                  We have partnered with a Warners based company on it.
                  What does this mean? It's been greenlighted or optioned or what?

Comment

Originally posted by abiqua View Post
                    What does this mean? It's been greenlighted or optioned or what?
                    We are in a process which would be premature to discuss.

Comment

On a side note, I sent them an e-mail at an address I found listed on this site (different thread) and it bounced back. I don't know if they've blocked hotmail or if the address was no good, or if I plain messed it up somehow.
                      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

I sent a query to Mike who wrote back saying that because of the competition they are taking part in for trackingb.com, they will be unable to read or consider query letters until the competition is over.

So, I checked out the competition and found it odd, that you can pay one fee to enter the competition, and then more money to be considered for another part of the competition that will give the winner representation through Abstract.

Just thought that was a little odd...

Comment

Hmm, glad mine bounced then.
                          Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

I understand your concern -- I didn't quite get it either last year. But then I entered the competition (trackingb plus Abstract prize) and it was a great experience.

Of course I did well in the contest. I didn't get to take full advantage as we signed with a rep a month before results, but the contest did lead to offers for us, we just were in the good position to turn people down.

They get a lot of scripts they have to read, hence them saying, can't read your stuff right now. I doubt they will do this forever. My guess this will be they last year. It's just a way for them to find great new writers and I'm sure they make a bit of money from it. Smart business move.

Anyway they are very legit. And the contest itself is also great.

People throw 80 bucks away on plenty of crappy contests -- this one is worth it.

Also they accept queries the other months of the year. So if you don't like it, you can always query them when the contest isn't going on. So in January you can contact them again to read your stuff.

Comment

I sent a query 2 days ago via their website & got a request for the script yesterday.. (it's a very high concept Sci-fi Action-Adventure)

However, they might think it stinks!

Trevor

Comment

Their web site?
                                I need to re-hit Google because I wasn't turning over anything of the ilk.

EDIT: I'm still a little wary though, but until I'm asked for money, what have I to lose?
                                Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Working...
                                X