• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayfarer's Six Feet Apart Experiment

https://sixfeetapartexperiment.com
    via
    http://wearewayfarer.com

Note: On their FAQ, for U.S. residents ONLY (and I had a good one for them)

SUBMISSIONS:

Wayfarer Studios and Wayfarer Entertainment is seeking submissions from screenwriters, producers and/or directors - either individually or in terms. All entrants must submit either:

(a) A properly formatted original feature length screenplay,

OR

(b) A proof of creative concept treatment that includes supplemental materials such as a presentation tape, storyboard, cookbook diplomatic or animation. While projects can be across all genres, they must capture the triumph of the human spirit.

AND

A log-line and synopsis of the project.

A description of the project's main characters.

A production plan that demonstrates how the project can be produced safely with social distancing and COVID-19 guidelines in mind.

A personal social impact statement detailing why this story should be told in this current climate.

Submission deadline: JUNE 5, 2020

Announcement of winning submissions: JUNE 22, 2020

Development, pre-production, and production: JUNE 29-SEPTEMBER 4, 2020

Re: Wayfarer's Six Feet Apart Experiment

Aw, it's for US residents only. Darn it. In my (limited?) potential screenplay CODE ORANGE, the riflewoman protagonist would stay no less than sixty-feet away from the POTUS at all times. Truly a "triumph of the human spirit".
    Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
    "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

A little confused with what they're looking for.

They don't want the traditional elements in a genre story. For example, in a rom-com, instead of:

Boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back, and they live happily ever after; they're would want something like:

Boy meets alien, boy falls for alien, boy loses alien, boy gets alien back, and they live happily ever after going back to the alien's planet where the boy is welcomed with open arms there? To show that different cultures can be together in harmony???

Or are they looking for something else entirely?

Comment

Originally posted by socalwriter1 View Post
        A little confused with what they're looking for.
        Boy meets alien, boy falls for alien, boy loses alien, boy gets alien back, and they live happily ever after going back to the alien's planet where the boy is welcomed with open arms there? To show that different cultures can be together in harmony???
        Up until that last line you were pretty much pitching E.T.

Comment

It's free (my favorite word, and the only type of contest I'll ever enter!), so what's the complaint?

All they ask up-front is that that you respond to some "theme" and "how does your story sit with the lock-down" or other types of philosophical things.

I mean, it's FREE

Comment

Urp! New on their FAQ: (Perhaps egged on my my and other's emails asking "Why, oh why, oh why!?"

Do you accept international submissions?

Each entrant who is not a US citizen must be able to work legally in the United States as of the Date of Submission and must upon Sponsor's request provide valid evidence of such ability (e.g. work visa).
            Now, all I have to do is search for what a "work visa" is...

But since I have no terrorism or violent revolution in my background, I assume just about anything goes, eh?

Comment

Oh no, no complaint at all. Sorry you took it that way. Just wanted to make sure I understood what they were looking for.

Comment

> complaint

My poor choice of word, no sweat

As it turns out, I went through Wayfarer's entire app process. I had to renew my NEXUS card so as to be able to travel to the US. That cost me $50USD (or $72CAN, my stupid blackface dollar up here). Thus, technically it cost me $50 to enter, and I haven't yet even clicked 'submit'. But the NEXUS is dual purpose as it would be needed someday anyhow, to go down to collect my Oscar(!). And all the other complexities of the application process were cool because they made me think about my project in business and other terms that I hadn't, before. Anyway, they want these elements completed, so it was necessary.

And the submision is free, all things considered.
                Last edited by catcon; 05-22-2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

See Re: Legalities of submitting into competition for my final word on this 'competition'.

Comment

Originally posted by catcon View Post
                    See Re: Legalities of submitting into competition for my final word on this 'competition'.
                    Hey Catcon, just throwing this out there, but what's the down side to entering for you? Best case scenario you win and potentially get a produced credit to your name, a real relationship with this company, and a little bit of juice that might help your career. Worst case scenario you lose and you retain all the rights to your script.

Don't get me wrong, in general I'm all about writer's being properly compensated. But I recall you saying in another post how you have a stock pile of 50 scripts and have never previously made a sale. So why not just go for it? I think in your case the potential upside far outweighs the cons. What do you really have to lose?

But that's just my opinion. Only ever rooting for the success of the folks on this forum

Comment

Isn't the goal of this one like Project Greenlight to get a film made? It's even more than just winning a script contest?

Comment

Working...
                      X