Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Films
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2019, 09:07 PM   #11
Friday

Default Re: Avengers End Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLev24 View Post
Seriously. The Hollywood Arclight was showing like 4 or 5 movies total this weekend. I've never seen such a thing. I tried to go see Under The Silver Lake at the Los Feliz 3 and it was sold out 15 minutes before showtime. I assume everyone in the city who wasn't going to see Avengers!

Normally, my multiplexes will play a wide variety of movies that I get to see. Just like Thanos, Avengers wiped out almost any sign of other movies. The remaining ones are the big ones I've seen and even those were inconvenient times. There were screenings for Avengers almost every ten minutes.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:18 AM   #12
Madbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
I secretly have started to hate Marvel because it doesn't allow for as much original movies in the theaters. All the screenings wiped out all the little and medium movies I planned to see.

Go see "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote" from Terry Gilliam. You won't regret it.

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore
Madbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:39 AM   #13
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbandit View Post
Go see "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote" from Terry Gilliam. You won't regret it.

Cool. I'll put it on my list.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #14
Bono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Normally, my multiplexes will play a wide variety of movies that I get to see. Just like Thanos, Avengers wiped out almost any sign of other movies. The remaining ones are the big ones I've seen and even those were inconvenient times. There were screenings for Avengers almost every ten minutes.
This has been happening since Harry Potter movies or Twlight or Dark Knight or other Marvel movies. Just saying w/o the big movies, they wouldn't still be in business at al.
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #15
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
This has been happening since Harry Potter movies or Twlight or Dark Knight or other Marvel movies. Just saying w/o the big movies, they wouldn't still be in business at al.

The multiplexes near me had done a good job of giving a lot of screens for those tentpoles, but still leaving screens for some of the other choice. I just notice this time, most of those other movies were taken down and the number of showtimes doubled. I was there for the other Avengers last year and they didn't wipe out that many alternate titles.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:03 AM   #16
Bono

Well that's true -- I mean they knew it would be the biggest movie, so they went all out.

Hell, remember the old old days like the 80s when a movie might be a slow hit and actually in theaters for months... now movie is like 3-6 months and it's out to rent or buy...
Old 05-01-2019, 12:41 AM   #17
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
Well that's true -- I mean they knew it would be the biggest movie, so they went all out.

Hell, remember the old old days like the 80s when a movie might be a slow hit and actually in theaters for months... now movie is like 3-6 months and it's out to rent or buy...

There were a lot of movies I wanted to see and I was stunned that they were only there for one week. Less than a week. The evening showings were all cut in favor of the massive rollout. I wish I had been a writer during the 90s when it was the Spec generation.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #18
Bono

Yeah they talk about spec generation, but they leave out the same 10 writers sold 80% of the scripts... just like today!!!!
Old 05-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #19
CthulhuRises

It was okay. INFINITY WAR was the only Avengers movie I liked because it was actually dark, had stakes, the characters weren't impervious, and Thanos is a great, layered villain. ENDGAME was predictable as usual.

Best part was easily fat Chris Hemsworth/Thor. Absolutely hilarious and a true scene stealer.
CthulhuRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #20
Bono

Of the 4 Avengers movie, Infinity War was the best as Thanos was the clear main character and you could follow his journey from Milan to Minsk. In fact, I think I was almost on his side.