Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a new one... -UNTILED RANT-

This definitely belongs here IMO. Apologies to Will if it's in the wrong place. But...

So, I accidentally debated with a (what should I call him... a guru of sorts? I won't confirm nor deny who).

But, I was merely trying to have a civil conversation with this person and it turned into him puffing up his ego and "schooling me" about how the industry ACTUALLY operates (That's the way he'd likely see it, taking me to CLASS). Interesting, WHY you takin' it there, bro? You expect I should kiss your ass because you run ____? NOT gonna happen. You ever ask a reasonable question of someone and they get their feathers ruffled (due to their enormous ego "KNOW YOUR PLACE!") and from there on they talk down to you? THAT!

A thought occurred to me while I was debating this idiot:

1) This dude has NEVER written ANYTHING that's fukkin SOLD. Not once ever in his life, yet he conceders himself an EXPERT? WHAT???

2) This dude has NEVER made a DEAL for someone else (that I'm aware of) in his life. EVER! Yet he's an EXPERT? WHAT???

I may be an idiot, but I've done both. That's merely a fact.

He's developed. THAT'S IT!

Furthermore, during this "debate" that I somehow fell into, he made various claims (I won't say what they were) but they were both FALSE and RUDE (personal attacks, bruh, stick to the subject matter). Status quo for this industry, eh? The way he was speaking to me was as if he's some exalted genius of the industry, all pompous and arrogant. So, of course I took a screenshoot of an email (protecting the innocent by not giving away key intel) and called him out on his bullsh!t. Here you go dude, there's proof. Guess what he does next. You guessed it... he's GHOSTS me. POOF gone. Fukkin pu$$y.

I realize there's not enough info to form an opinion on this situation, I wish I could be more candid so the entire story was revealed for discussion sake. But...

POINT: There are people in this town who have never ***DONE IT***. Who are supposed "gate keepers" who feel fukkin obliged to treat those of us who HAVE done it (at least sold something... MY GOD... at least fukkin bare minimum WROTE something) like sh!t. These idiots have ZERO clue about the brutality of actually having to sit down and break a STORY then WRITE the fukkin thing. ZERO! These idiots behind their glossy desks want us to pretend that THEY are the reason movies and TV gets made, and them alone. Excuse me? No! It's the writers. Period! You fukkin fool.

I don't care what everyone else thinks of this dude, he'll forever be a friggin kook in my book. I don't need sh!t from him, and never will (starting to figure out who this idiot is? Cool, but don't say). So, his option on the industry means zilch to me. If I make a claim I can always back it with paperwork, that's how he fukked up. And I told him "Bro, you're digging a hole." Poof gone. Once I had him "In Check" he checked out of the convo like a class-A b!tch.

And if he reads this and can figure out I'm talking about him (Bruh, go fukk yourself... You're ripping people off.)

POINT #2: We, as writers, cannot allow these types of sleazy people to get in our heads, nor in our way. They've literally done NOTHING of VALUE for our industry. I say "our" industry because movies nor TV happens without writers. Period! They are absolutely fukking NOTHING without us!

If you can figure out who I'm talking about, please don't say his name. Not relevant.

Happy Wednesday!

Love,

Gucci *smooch* LOL

ps.... man, I'm so close to getting kicked out of this industry (Ha!), but these frauds are on my last nerve, so Im'a say so.
    Last edited by GucciGhostXXX; 08-07-2019, 08:10 PM.
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Re: Here's a new one... -UNTILED RANT-

Just name him so we can pile on.

I brought

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
      ...If you can figure out who I'm talking about, please don't say his name. Not relevant.

Happy Wednesday!

Love,

Gucci *smooch* LOL

ps.... man, I'm so close to getting kicked out of this industry (Ha!), but these frauds are on my last nerve, so Im'a say so.
      Well, your -UNTILED RANT- certainly has me piqued. But before I comment, I strongly recommend getting some tile on that rant right away. Especially if it's in the bathroom, the moisture damage can ruin your subfloor.

That said, I haven't a clue as to who this person is, but he sounds like just about everybody that I've had discourse with. Maybe a few more clues would help me so I can put this person on my extensive sh!t list.

As for the Gucci *smooch* -- I'm not sure about that either.
      "THIMK." - Amomynous

Comment

so was this an online thing? or a "in person" thing?

i've found there are definitely people who speak as if they well know-- but don't actually know.

i learned a cool trick years ago. if you say something with enough conviction and confidence most people will believe you outright. seriously. it makes sense, too. just think of all the mindless followers that watch a "based on a true story" and suddenly think the "fictionalized" part is real.

for example, people probably think Ulana Khomyuk was a real nuclear physicist, but she's not. she's a culmination of several people to deliver a singular voice of information and reason in Chernobyl.

my friend refused to watch The Strangers because it said, "based on a true story." i told her it wasn't, even though the film makers said it was. the only "based on" part was when the writer was at home with his sister after school and someone knocked on their door and asked for someone who didn't live there-- that's it. and they get to manipulate people with, "based on a true story," which people suck up.

i'm not sure what my point was... haha. oh, right. conviction and confidence. i'm the one that googles that **** and calls them out. and i give people a lot of credit if they call me out, but it doesn't happen often. ha!
        Last edited by finalact4; 08-08-2019, 02:19 PM.
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
          Just name him so we can pile on.

I brought
          Check the first letter of each line in the post!

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
            Check the first letter of each line in the post!

Ah, yes. TSBA12IHFIPIAPIHLGP. That son of a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
              Ah, yes. TSBA12IHFIPIAPIHLGP. That son of a bitch.
              Haha! To hell with that dude!

There is no cypher involved. But, that's a friggin genius idea! I'm gonna start using cyphers in my posts to cryptically reveal who I'm talking about. That way I can deny it. LOL.

I'll say, on this one, I'd wager a guess that many here would say I'm wrong about this dude, that he is in fact 100% legit. He's definitely seen as legit, he's got credibility in this town for sure. However, development ain't PRODUCING, it ain't WRITING, it ain't SELLING. Yet (I just read his bio) he takes credit for a fukk ton of **** that was made and went on to win awards. WHAT??? No! All that **** was already either sold or had real people attached.

Yes, he's been on this board. But, if I confirm who I'm talking about I'm likely DONE in this industry because he is so beloved. But, debating him one on one I realized what a pompous blowhole this dude is.

Here's why: if you condescendingly claim someone (me) is stupid and full of sh!t, then I present facts to you (email header to major shops proving what I said is true) just be a gentleman and concede. But, no, he was intent on turning this into a battle of "You're so stupid you don't have any idea how the industry works and I'm basically the KING of it.- And WORSE, he trashed my rep sight unseen (whom I defended). I'm like, dude, you're probably friends with my rep, fukk you talking about? Then I asked him if my ex is also a "hack- for doing business this way. I think that's the exact moment he realized "oh sh!t, THAT'S who I'm talking to? I know her, she's a friend, I thought this was just some internet fool.- Nah, bro, I kinda know what the fukk I'm talking about (kinda) and I have paperwork to back it via many, many, many BCCs. That's when he ghosted. Dude is a b!tch.

But, goddamn, dude has ZERO credits. I'd not let that dude attach to my script in a million years. Why? He's never produced.

If you figure it out. Please get my back and don't say.
              Last edited by GucciGhostXXX; 08-08-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R.D. Wright View Post
                Well, your -UNTILED RANT- certainly has me piqued. But before I comment, I strongly recommend getting some tile on that rant right away. Especially if it's in the bathroom, the moisture damage can ruin your subfloor.

That said, I haven't a clue as to who this person is, but he sounds like just about everybody that I've had discourse with. Maybe a few more clues would help me so I can put this person on my extensive sh!t list.

As for the Gucci *smooch* -- I'm not sure about that either.
                Ha! I’m dyslexic (for real). Funny catch! No one likes mold!

Oh and, it was a smooch on the hand, not lips. I’ve had all my shots. LOL

Even if I straight out told you who I’m talking about it’s doubtful you’d add him to your sh!t list. But, I wouldn’t expect nor ask anyone to. He’s merely on MY sh!tlist. I called his bluff and he folded. Tells me A LOT!

Comment

I know it's not Blake Snyder (Save the Cat) because

1. He actually sold stuff
                  2. He's Dead.

I'm just trying to figure out when and where you were talking to him and why? That's all that interests me.

I've thinking of literally 25 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

2. He's Dead.

I'm just trying to figure out when and where you were talking to him and why? That's all that interests me.

Can't say. Sorry brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

2. He's Dead.

I don't want to openly speculate out of respect for Gucci but there's only one person that comes to mind for me. That's all I'll say.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
                        I don't want to openly speculate out of respect for Gucci but there's only one person that comes to mind for me. That's all I'll say.
                        And you're probably correct. But thanks for not guessing and getting my back. If anyone guesses correctly, I'll deny it anyway. So... LOL

Comment

Odds are I probably know this person. I think I suspect who it is, but like I said in the ex thread, I am not going to go snooping around. Mostly because I want Gucci to be able to vent, without worrying about people prying into his private matters.

My biggest question isn't really the identity, but how did this argument even come about? Why was he suddenly talking down to you? I am not even clear on what the argument is concerning.

Comment

Robert McKee?

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                              Robert McKee?
                              His Netscape browser could never handle the handle the emoji graphics load from this site.

Comment

Working...
                              X