No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooting a person

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
    I think GI Jeep was using a figure of speech. I didn't see any indication that "take anyone off their feet" indicated that he/she meant being propelled backwards.

HH
    Exactly what i meant. Thank you.

I was trying to illustrate a point about the force of impact for even those wearing body armor. I saw a guy in Iraq get shot in his front plates and he dropped like it went through his body armor.
    "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Another thing I often see in scripts and movies is someone getting shot in the chest and falling down apparently dead, only to calmly get back up mere moments later to reveal that they're wearing a bulletproof vest that enabled them to shrug off the bullet like Superman. In actuality, while bulletproof vests and related accouterments keep projectiles from penetrating your body, the impact will still likely break various bones and hurt like heck.

Another action film cliche is the guy jumping through the air with a gun with each hand and effortlessly blowing away several thugs in mid-arc. In real life, it's extremely difficult to aim a gun properly if you're not stationary. And if you're jumping around like that, you probably couldn't hit an elephant sitting ten feet away.

Let's not even talk about people who hold handguns sideways.

Comment

Bulletproof Item

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...man-owner.html
        JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Re: Shooting Humans

Originally posted by Fortean View Post
          Techncally, pages 8 to 10:

http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf

Blame the Hays Code for the fictional deaths in films, where actors fell dead without any blood or any death struggle. Television continued to maintain the same PG level of violence for many years afterwards, thus inhibiting a realistic portrayal of gunshot wounds and deaths.
          Thank God for "Bonnie and Clyde" and "The Wild Bunch" for pissing on the Code.
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Re: Shooting Humans

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
            Thank God for "Bonnie and Clyde" and "The Wild Bunch" for pissing on the Code.
            The code came under increasing pressure even earlier. Movies like The Man with the Golden Arm, Some Like It Hot and The Pawnbroker chiseled away at the Code in the 50s and 60s. Most of the code seems to have been preoccupied with sex and upholding public virtue. Violence also had limits, but seems to have weighed less heavily on the censors' minds than sex. The Wild Bunch came out in '69, a year after the code was dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZero View Post
              Another thing I often see in scripts and movies is someone getting shot in the chest and falling down apparently dead, only to calmly get back up mere moments later to reveal that they're wearing a bulletproof vest that enabled them to shrug off the bullet like Superman. In actuality, while bulletproof vests and related accouterments keep projectiles from penetrating your body, the impact will still likely break various bones and hurt like heck.

Another action film cliche is the guy jumping through the air with a gun with each hand and effortlessly blowing away several thugs in mid-arc. In real life, it's extremely difficult to aim a gun properly if you're not stationary. And if you're jumping around like that, you probably couldn't hit an elephant sitting ten feet away.

Let's not even talk about people who hold handguns sideways.

I've got walking and shooting down pretty well. The jumping thing is ridiculous and pure Hollywood. Sideways is even worse and shooting from a car is impossible.

Here's what I absolutely know - getting shot looks like it sucks and I never
              want to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jeep View Post
                The jumping thing is ridiculous and pure Hollywood.
                But we still love it!
                Sideways is even worse
                Some gun-freak once told me that those wannabe gangstas would just end up with a broken wrist...
                and shooting from a car is impossible.
                By this you don't mean drive-by shootings?
                Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                  But we still love it!

Some gun-freak once told me that those wannabe gangstas would just end up with a broken wrist...

By this you don't mean drive-by shootings?
                  Don't we though?! I never care when I see that stuff. I buy the 10 dollar movie ticket to be entertained and for the most part I am.

Comment

What's wrong with you guys?

I always shoot while jumping through the air in slow motion.
                    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
                      What's wrong with you guys?

I always shoot while jumping through the air in slow motion.
                      You're even more accurate if you have a good soundtrack.

Comment

I like sliding a lot, like when a guy's shooting with both hands while sliding across the hardwood floor on his knees. That looks so cool.

I could give a fig if it's accurate. I will trade coolness for accuracy any day.
                        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Double-fist shooting while falling backward from a 40+ story building.

Now that's some badassery.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                            I like sliding a lot, like when a guy's shooting with both hands while sliding across the hardwood floor on his knees. That looks so cool.

I could give a fig if it's accurate. I will trade coolness for accuracy any day.
                            Did you see Shoot Em Up? Very inventive stuff, totally ridiculous, not a great movie by any stretch, but some fun bits.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                              Did you see Shoot Em Up? Very inventive stuff, totally ridiculous, not a great movie by any stretch, but some fun bits.
                              The moment he impales a guy with a carrot is one of my all time favorite ridiculous moments in all of cinema history.
                              Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

he impales a guy with a carrot
                                That belongs on the AFI Top 100 List of Awesomeness.
                                Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Working...
                                X