No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contained Thriller/Horror Scripts Wanted

Hi Done Deal Pro members,

RedOne Films is looking to put a slate of high concept, low budget contained thrillers/horrors together and we invite anyone who may have smart contained scripts to send to us.

Please include a logline with the submission.

Email contact '@' redone.la

Information about RedOne Films. RedOne Films is a subsidiary of RedOne Media an advertising company based in Malibu, CA.

Re: Contained Thriller/Horror Scripts Wanted

I'd like to believe this but Google doesn't seem to know you... Facebook does, but many links to your work are dead and your website only indicates low end multimedia work.

So I guess Djinn stays where it is
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Hello RedOne,

Are you looking only for feature-length scripts? Or will you consider shorts, or one-hour scripts, or any-length scripts?

Are you accepting scripts by writers outside of the United States?

Are you asking writers to send their scripts in the first instance, or should we email just the title and genre and logline first?
      Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
      "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

I would not just send work to anyone even if that's what they ask for. I'd pass on the opportunity. If you want to pursue any of these -- I'd make sure to query first and see if you get any response that makes you feel comfortable.

This could be very legit -- but from someone who used to send material randomly to post like this online when first starting out -- I still would not advise it.

Comment

Let me guess: rewrites must be for free and the pay is back-end points of net profit
          M.A.G.A.

Comment

I'm a LinkedIn kind'a guy. It goes a long way to filling in gaps about companies:

RedOne Media LLC

and, from there, his profile:
            Mike Lè Han

and thence, cross referencing to...:
            Mike on IMDB

His website was already available from his "redone.la" email address, but it was confirmed on the LinkedIn page.

The result? Haven't we all seen folks with lots less background calling themselves 'producers'. I say, go for it and get in the door first, using the usual due diligence of course.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies and sorry we have not responded sooner.

Mike Le Han is a feature film and commercials director, producer and writer. He's attached to direct Rift with Joel Silver producing. He is also attached to produce and direct the feature franchise Genesis. Mike is also producing the tv series Dark Horizons which is currently out to studios.

RedOne Media is his advertising agency that creates both high end commercials http://www.redone.la/reel and social media branded content. RedOne Films LLC is his newly formed film outfit.

His producing partner is George Parra.

You do not have to send your material, only a logline. If we are interested we will ask for the script.

We don't check Done Deal Pro and it was one of the form members who mentioned there had been some posts.

Thanks again for all your comments.

We hope you all have a great week.

Comment

Working...
              X