Incredibly Original Epic Script...but...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Incredibly Original Epic Script...but...

There's a link to Chris Lockhart's immensely-useful article in that thread, but I think it deserves highlighting:

http://www.twoadverbs.com/loglinearticle.htm

Comment

Thank ye kindly for highlighting that, Mr. Earbrass!
      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Bros-- just post the first five pages so you know where the script stands.
        Paranoia is very common among newbies.
        Don't let that amateur knee-jerk reflex hold your learning curve back.

Nobody is going to steal your idea, write a script, and then get it made before you have a chance to hear back from a manager.

And just a little dose of reality, there is another writer out there, who just wrote a script very similar to yours, i.e. themes, characters, reversals, hooks, etc. There are always competing projects with common elements.

Your passion and enthusiasm is a great start. ... Onward.

Comment

This whole proclamation that a script can, on it's own, be viewed as a game-changer is ridiculous. It's all variations on a theme at this point. And most films that can be called true game-changers do so from a technological point of view, i.e., STAR WARS or AVATAR.

If there's one bit of unsolicited advice I'd give the original poster, it's this: your script is never as bad as anyone may make it out to be...and it's certainly not as genius as anyone -- writer included -- may make it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nuvuefilms View Post
            Bros-- just post the first five pages so you know where the script stands.
            Paranoia is very common among newbies.
            Don't let that amateur knee-jerk reflex hold your learning curve back.

Nobody is going to steal your idea, write a script, and then get it made before you have a chance to hear back from a manager.

And just a little dose of reality, there is another writer out there, who just wrote a script very similar to yours, i.e. themes, characters, reversals, hooks, etc. There are always competing projects with common elements.

Your passion and enthusiasm is a great start. ... Onward.
            Thanks we appreciate and we are just about done with our second script now. It also is a game changer...

Haha! Gotcha! No it really isn't, just an action/thriller we are writing for a local friend of ours who is developing the property for a graphic novel. Fun stuff.

That wouldn't be A Killing in Carnival Row would it, that you are speaking of?

Anyways, thanks everyone for the advice and words of reason. We definitely appreciate it, at the end of the day, positivity is the best way to go and we are glad our enthusiasm is infectious.

We look forward to contributing to this interesting forum and making some friends!

Take care.

-Brothers Harrow

Comment

Harrow, I have posted links that should help you. There are none so blind as those that will not see
              http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                Harrow, I have posted links that should help you. There are none so blind as those that will not see

Gah, did a repost. Not sure how that happened I meant to post something else. Let me edit that out.

Comment

Guys, I gotta say that Christopher Lockhart is a genius. This is EXACTLY what we needed. We most definitely are much more confident and feel we have a solid take on our logline. Thanks a million to EVERYONE. This has been one...GAME CHANGING thread!!! haha

Peace and Love.

The Brothers Harrow

Comment

darn.
                    You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Comment

*pages removed*
                      Last edited by BrosHarrow; 04-22-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Good stuff. You might want to move them over to here - http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...isplay.php?f=7
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                          Good stuff. You might want to move them over to here - http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...isplay.php?f=7

Done.

Comment

Working...
                          X