Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scott M. Leddy - Empirical Management

This is like the old cop lore . . . if you ask ten witnesses what they saw, you'll get ten different variations. Is it more likely that montana is delusional and when Leddy said " Maybe we can meet tomorrow," doesn't mean show up at my office.

DBD

Comment

How about this DB4D: You keep backing off with your personal boundaries, and I'll keep making deals for my screenplays.

@Streaker: Thanks man! Glad to know YOU don't think I'm "delusional."

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Climb down of that hobbyhorse of yours montana.

DBD

Comment

Having streaker as your back and thanking him for it is like looking having charles manson as your defense attorney and pre-paying him.

DBD

Comment

Okay Darkest, you said you're a contractor (not sure what industry). So you set up meetings with potential clients and never show? If you did word with get around and within months you would be out of buisiness. You wouldn't, would you? This is just another case of a manager thinking he's better then everyone else. If he don't have time to read scripts and follow through on meetings then don't request anything.

Comment

"Hobbyhorse?"

How old are you? That term was thrown around a lot before the talkies...

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by darkestbeforedawn View Post
                Having streaker as your back and thanking him for it is like looking having charles manson as your defense attorney and pre-paying him.

DBD
                Golly gee, you just gave me that 2nd act reversal I was looking for in my Charles Manson legal drama. Thanks so goddamn much.
                Introduce a little anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by darkestbeforedawn View Post
                  This is like the old cop lore . . . if you ask ten witnesses what they saw, you'll get ten different variations. Is it more likely that montana is delusional and when Leddy said " Maybe we can meet tomorrow," doesn't mean show up at my office.

DBD
                  You really sound like Scott Leddy... Just sayin', fella... Just sayin'...

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

@Tazak: Good to know. I was beginning to think he was trying to run shop out of a college dorm or something.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Tazak, please check your pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilario113 View Post
                        This thread kind of makes me mad. I know the guy in question on a personal basis (he refuses to rep me until I develop more as a writer yet at the same time gave me extremely insightful notes) and I can say he is one of the hardest working, harried guys I've ever met. He had a stack of scripts he was trying to read from unsolicited writers and it was a Saturday afternoon when I last saw him. I asked 'why read so many unsolicited scripts' and he replied 'i was a writer once. I know how frustrating not getting read can be and I want to give everyone a fair shake.' or something along those lines.

I told him he was gettiing bashed on this board and he told me I didn't need to defend him, but I feel I should. This thread wouldn't even happen if he only read scripts of agent or producer referrals like most do. If he can't take a meeting, im guessing he has other **** to do. It's the business. Things fall through all the time. Time is money. If you guys spent half the time perfecting your craft as you did bitching on message boards you'd be repped by now.
                        No, you don't schedule and then fail to show, if at all, then certainly not more than once. There's no excuse for it.

Comment

To Everyone,

This site is a goldmine of information, to say the least. A lot more interesting things have started to happen for me since joining, browsing, jotting down leads and taking in the vast amounts of information.
                          That being said, it makes me sad to see everyone getting overly excited over this. As writers, we picked a painful and lonely passion that most times leads to failure and severe lack of appreciation. The last thing we need is to argue amongst each other on a forum that was made for us. Whether you're for a topic/against a topic, lets just feel content with the fact that we each gave our fair share of personal thoughts on the matter and move on.

All the best to all of my brothers and sisters in writing. I'm gonna sit and watch a movie.

Comment

Everyone (except George Bush) has heard the quote - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Just dust yourself off, get back up on your scribe-steed, ride with purpose, and you'll be fine.
                            Last edited by OCeeBee; 06-02-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Into the sunset I trot!

Thanks for chiming in everyone (espeically you, Geoff...

Hopefully no feelings were too hurt, aside from mine of course.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by OCeeBee View Post
                                Seriously. Quit complaining about being stood up. I mean everyone (except George Bush) has heard the quote - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Just dust yourself off, get back up on your scribe-steed, ride with purpose, and you'll be fine.
                                To be fair, it seemed Montana had let it go. It was only once someone started questioning his veracity that he brought it back up. It's not really fair to accuse someone of something then act surprised when they get defensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X