Celtx 2.9.1 suddenly won't work! Is anyone else experiencing this?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtx 2.9.1 suddenly won't work! Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm on Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.7, 1.83Ghz dual action, 1gb Ram. Celtx has been running golden until tonight. Now it's melting my CPU - I'm using Activity Monitor and it's maxing out my system. Here's what I've tried:
    * Ran it without Firefox on (I cleaned the cache quite thoroughly) or any other programs
    * Uninstalled and reinstalled, emptied trash (duh)
    * Verified and fixed disk permissions
    * Changed my celtx password - but I don't subscribe to Studio. If I HAVE to subscribe, they should say so.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    What I have crossed out, I didn't like. What I haven't crossed out, I am dissatisfied with.
    (Cecil B. DeMille's notes to an unknown screenwriter)

Re: Celtx 2.9.1 suddenly won't work! Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hmm ... I will download the Windows version tomorrow at work. (I can't do it quickly with the telephone hookup that I have here at home. ) I need to check that out, since this is obviously a major issue.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
      What I have crossed out, I didn't like. What I haven't crossed out, I am dissatisfied with.

Comment

I have a Mac and Celtx 2.9.1 and it seems to be running fine on mine.

I opened Activity Monitor and its barely using any resources.

everything seems normal.

have you made any changes to your computer recently?

Comment

I'm using the same OS and same version CELTX - all good as of 5 seconds ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffkantoku View Post
            I have a Mac and Celtx 2.9.1 and it seems to be running fine on mine.

I opened Activity Monitor and its barely using any resources.

everything seems normal.

have you made any changes to your computer recently?
            Not that I know of. I did run the Automatic Updater, it upgraded iTunes and who knows what "security updates" it sneaks in there (I always check).

Comment

The Windows version of 2.9.1 seems to work all right in regard to use of resources.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

OK I managed to get into celtx Preferences, selected Automatically Log Me In and entered my user/password for their studio and forums (even though my account is expired). I'm now typing in another project with no worries - save to PDF function is slow like a mofo, and the other project still won't open.
                ETA HOLD EVERYTHING...
                Now the empty page is corrupt! I try to log in and celtx crashes again. So WTF?!?!?!?
                Last edited by Mario_C; 06-08-2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: update!

Comment

Solved!

OK Per Mr. Pick at celtx support, I went into Home/Library/Application Support (in the .mac drive, NOT the home drive) and deleted the celtx folder. Problem solved, and good thing I backed up my project. For anyone who experiences this issue...
                  ETA Maybe this would work with the Flash issue I experienced...
                  Last edited by Mario_C; 09-27-2011, 05:37 PM. Reason: not bumping just commenting

Comment

Working...
                  X