Get considered by Benderspink and support a great cause...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Get considered by Benderspink and support a great cause...

that's great, joe.
    i'm always looking for places to donate so i'm not completely lying on my tax returns. this is a good one.
    is there anything daniel is looking for in particular?

Comment

Daniel himself has pretty eclectic tastes but we all know Benderspink (and everybody else for that matter) skews more toward commercial fare.
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

This has to be the best idea I've seen in a long time. Congrats to Joe and Daniel for doing this.

Comment

Wow, thank you Joe. I'm definitely going to donate because it's a great cause... having someone at Benderspink read your work ain't too bad eithier.
          "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Comment

Great idea. smiley face

Comment

This is an amazing idea. If I wasn't repped I would do it, and if every single un-repped writer on this board doesn't JUMP on this idea (at the $50 mark, FWIW) then...I'm not sure what you're doing here!

Seriously, for $50 this is like winning a major screenplay contest. Anyone who's been hanging around here for a while knows what a crapshoot it is for your query to get read and responded to, MUCH LESS the first half of your script ... it's not like he's offering to read log lines (which would be a coup in itself) or the first ten pages ... anyone who's ever read a handful of scripts knows that you can tell in the first 25 or 50 pp. if the script is any good...

Kudos to all supporting a great cause and a generous offer.

Comment

Thanks, Justin, and everybody else for your kind words.

Aside from supporting the AHA's great cause, my hope is that somebody gets repped out of this and/or a handful of people make a contact that they can smoothly submit future work to that will possibly get them repped. Daniel has made it clear to me that if the pages he's agreed to read are compelling he will definitely read on. If he finds a diamond in the rough that generates a client or a project for Benderspink then it's a win/win for him, too. He WANTS to read more than 25/50 pages - it's up to the material to compel him to do that, though.

Good luck to everybody!
                "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Wow, this has caused me to de-lurk and make my first post. A great cause and an amazing offer wrapped together, thanks to you and Daniel, Joe. I just had a question tho, is it just for one script? Or can we pay more for more than one script?

Comment

You can break it up however you want, Jack. If you wanted to donate $100 to guarantee the first 50 pages of two of your scripts get read then that's cool. If you wanted to donate $50 to guarantee that the first 25 pages of two of your scripts get read then that's cool, too. Just make your donation and let me know via PM.

Comment

This is truly a win win idea. I'm in. Thanks for both the chance of getting repped and the chance to help an important cause.
                      "It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing. But I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous"
                      Robert Benchly

Comment

Yeah. Thanks for the Godsend man.
                        "Right now it sounds like an urban Idiocracy meets Big in The Matrix (with a dash of Tron?)." --Mountain Goat, commenting on my screenplay ZONED OUT

Comment

Thanks Joe
                          You've brought another lurker out of hiding here.
                          Actually I 've only been lurking for half an hour, just found this board this morning...I'm feeling pretty good about this place so far!
                          Couldn't think of a better way to start posting.
                          Cheers

Comment

Welcome, Walle.

All the thanks goes to Daniel. Fortunately he's a screenplay addict.

Side note:

We have raised $1,000 to fight heart disease and stroke in ONE WEEKEND!

Thanks to everybody for your generosity, your belief in your work, and your support of this great cause.

Good luck with the reads and keep the donations coming!

Comment

is there an option for Daniel to give us honest notes on our script if we donate more on top of the cost of the read?

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post

We have raised $1,000 to fight heart disease and stroke in ONE WEEKEND!
                                Bears repeating. Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                                X