Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average length for a take?

"I just secured the rights to a hot property and would love to hear your take on it".

What's the average length for a "take". Quick pitch/logline? Few lines synopsis?

Re: Average length for a take?

Start small and build from there.

"I'd do something like Unforgiven; two old partners team up for one last job, but it turns out the killers are aliens." Or whatever the hell.

If they bite, keep working. Expand to a few paragraphs or a page or two.

If they hate it, start over.

I've made the mistake once too many times of creating elaborate, 5 page/20 minutes pitches built around a central conceit the people just don't like.

Comment

I've heard this from agents-that if you have a commodity-you should put that in the forward, i.e. something that is based on a best selling novel ***...

Could be something like; this is based on Interviews with General Petraeus, about the war in Middle East.

I would start with that as a teaser and then move onto Premise(paragraph), containing the main characters and revelations...
      But this wily god never discloses even to the skillful questioner the whole content of his wisdom.

Comment

Thanks guys. It's multiple takes on multiple properties in a single PDF file. I went with a title, genres, in the vein of, and a logline + synopsis. I can't pitch face-to-face, or on the phone, so I am a disadvantage to playing against their emotions. It's all a toss up.

Comment

Working...
        X