Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open source software for screenwriters

Hello! Today we have a small update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 5.

And it included:
    - the opportunity to extend the subscription to the cloud service through PayPal is added;
    - fixed the problem with the email address validator when registering, authorizing and sharing a project with a collaborator;
    - translation of the program into Polish has been added https://kitscenarist.ru/assets/images/news/polish.png

I wish you fruitful day, guys!
    Developer of the Free and Open Source screenwriting software KIT Scenarist

Comment

Salute! Today is Tuesday and we have the next episode of the rubric #filmedbyusersscreenplays! And today we have a guest Jose Luis Mora with his short film "Susan".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-QnXSmGglo

And of course, do not forget to share the works shot according to your scripts, friends!

Comment

Hello comrades!

The new update of the mobile version KIT Scenarist 1.2.2 arrived!

- Fixed problems with the external keyboard (input project name, display panel with styles);
        - added standard features for working with text (text selection, copy, paste);
        - the way of scaling the text of the script was changed - now the font size is set in the settings;
        - now, when exporting to different formats, unused parameters will be hidden;
        - added the ability to number dialogues in both the script editor and export;
        - added a button to update the list of projects from the cloud;
        - fixed problems with the broken geometry of the export tab and menu;
        - fixed problems with virtual keyboard work on Android;
        - the appearance of the application has been slightly improved.

In the nearest plans for the mobile version - the implementation of the opportunity to work with reviewer notes.

App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/kit-...r/id1268390257
        Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....kit.scenarist

P.S. Apple, as usual, still checking the app, we expect that it will be published today or tomorrow.

Comment

Salute, my friends! Today is the new post of our #filmedbyusersscreenplays series with "Vera" movie teaser which was filmed by Andrey Gubin's screenplay. The movie will be released soon in 2018, so, we wish them luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lErbZMuoJWk

Are you didn't send information about films shot by your scripts yet? It's time to catch up, guys! Please, let us know about your works. It is a great motivation for us to make the app better when we see results of our collaboration and it is awesome!

Comment

Hi guys.

Today we release KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 6! In it, for the most part, some of the problems of previous versions were fixed and there are practically no major innovations. To be precise, the update includes:
            - the application menu has been improved. Now, in addition to the basic actions on projects, a user's personal cabinet located on top;
            https://kitscenarist.ru/assets/image...s/new-menu.png
            - the user's avatar is now displayed in the new personal cabinet. Avatars are downloaded from the gravatar.com (if you do not have an avatar in this service, then your avatar will be Alexander the cat);
            - the "About the program" dialog has been added;
            - added the ability to transfer a local project to the cloud in one click (new button to the right of the project name on the start page);
            - added the ability to import scripts from the desktop version of Celtx;
            - improved display of the auxiliary panel in the Zen mode - now it will not appear from the slightest touch of the mouse or touchpad;
            - in Zen mode, the display of statistical information about the script was added: duration and counters of pages/words/symbols;
            - the page duration calculation has been reworked. Now it will be correctly calculated for any template;
            - now when you select a block style from the quick formatting panel, the cursor will return to the script editor;
            - the method of removing characters in paragraphs has been improved;
            - contents of the non-printable blocks and folder headers/footers are now skipped when counting words and symbols;
            - improved interaction with the cloud service and fixed a number of problems when synchronizing projects;
            - fixed the problem with blocks margins when exporting the script to DOCX-files for Hebrew;
            - fixed the problem with the fall of the program when copying text documents into the research;
            - fixed the problem with dialogues numbers on top of the page when exporting to PDF;
            - fixed a bug with empty characters names in the reports;
            - improved working with the German alphabet;
            - fixed a problem with previewing the script after the program was launched.
            The next beta will be the last in version 0.7.2 and after it will be released we will freeze the addition of new features and concentrate on improvements of the current functionality of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by dimkanovikov View Post
              Today we release KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 6!
              You've been busy! I haven't really been writing much so haven't looked into Kit Scenarist lately (a "long lately"), but I'm happy to see you now support the Fountain format. I also see you've ended 32-bit binary package support (as of 0.7.1 r11) which I understand. I've got a laptop that has 64-bit Linux so I can try out the newest Kit Scenarist on that - meanwhile quite a bit has changed since my 0.7.0 rxx 32-bit version (can't remember exactly what release). Mostly it's the Fountain import and export that makes me happy at this time. I think a lot of people will like the Celtx project import feature. I'm going to test the newest (and "newer") versions on my computers (maybe even try the Windows version). I've posted a short review in the Resources Section (with a link back here) and may write a more extensive review once I've use Kit Scenarist more. Thanks. Great work.
              STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Found Issue.

When exporting to Final Draft, even when I go to "Additional (Numbering, Title Page, etc.)" and turn off all the "additional" features, Final Draft (.fdx) still exports with unwanted scene numbers. This feature works correctly with DOCX, Fountain and PDF files but not with Final Draft (.fdx) files. This is true on both the 0.7.1 r11 (32-bit) and 0.7.2 beta6 (64-bit) versions. This would hamper sharing KIT Scenarist scripts with those using another application. (In other words, it doesn't work on the older version, but does work correctly on the newer.)

EDIT: My mistake. This information is correct for the older 0.7.1 rc11 version, but the newer 0.7.2 beta6 does export to Final Draft (.fdx) without issues. I apparently didn't test the 64-bit computer correctly. I apologize for the bad information.
                Last edited by Centos; 03-22-2018, 01:33 PM.
                STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Thanks, Centos. It will be great!

What about 32-bit Linux version - no, we didn't stop supporting it. From next version, we plan to publish 32-bit version too. The reason why we don't publish them in that users doesn't ask it. But in last days I receive a lot of requests and will publish a 32-bit update with next beta release.

Bug with FDX export will be fixed in the next update!

Comment

Thanks, Centos. It will be great!

What about 32-bit Linux version - no, we didn't stop supporting it. From next version, we plan to publish 32-bit version too. The reason why we don't publish them in that users doesn't ask it. But in last days I receive a lot of requests and will publish a 32-bit update with next beta release.

Bug with FDX export will be fixed in the next update!
                    Sounds good. Thanks.

EDIT: See above. No issue with the newer 0.7.2 beta6 version. It came down to poor testing. A user error (my error).
                    Last edited by Centos; 03-22-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hello!

Today we have the next update - KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 7. This is not the last beta, as I would like ... Unfortunately, in the last couple of months there was very little free time, so the beta did not include all the features that I wanted to add, but nevertheless, we have something new:

Added the ability to restore the script from a backup! You can do it through the new "Tools" tab. For this you need:
                      - open a project whose text is missing or damaged;
                      - go to the "Tools" tab and choose from the list of available tools "Restore from Backup" (this is the only one tool yet, but in the future, this list will be grown);
                      - after that, a list of backup copies of the project available for recovery in the view "Backup date [backup size]" will appear. The size of the backup can help to see the border of the event when part of the text or the entire text has been deleted;
                      - select the appropriate backup from the list and click the restore button in the toolbar at the top;
                      - after that, you can return to work with the restored text of the script.

Also in this update were added bookmarks. You can add or remove a bookmark via the context menu in any paragraph of the text, and open the bookmarks browser through the menu for activating additional panels in the navigator.

In addition, the following improvements were made:
                      - now when exporting to PDF, you can add watermarks to the document;
                      - improved automatic text corrections in the continuation of dialogues;
                      - now in the entire application used icons of a single style;
                      - fixed the problem of importing the project title, title page and real names of characters from kitsp-files;
                      - fixed the problem of saving images in the cloud;
                      - the script import from DOCX-files is slightly improved;
                      - now, if the automatic installation of the update cannot be performed, the program will offer a link for manually downloading the update file;
                      - fixed the problem with dropping scene numbers when importing from fountain files;
                      - fixed the problem of working with multi-line editorial notes;
                      - translations of the program into Turkish and Hungarian are added.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Today we have the next update - KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 7. This is not the last beta, as I would like ... Unfortunately, in the last couple of months there was very little free time, so the beta did not include all the features that I wanted to add, but nevertheless, we have something new:
                        Downloaded and installed on my old (2003) laptop, running 32-bit, Linux Mint Mate 17.1. So far no issues at all. (Will test on the newer computer when I get home.) Thank you for making this beta available on 32-bit Linux.

Comment

You are welcome! And thanks for testing it!

Comment

Hey, guys! We added information about the opportunities and ways to participate in the project! https://kitscenarist.ru/en/contacts.html#contribute

Join yourself and call your friends too

Comment

Hello comrades!

Update KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 8 is ready and already available for download! In this update, we added a few production-specific features, but in which the screenwriter takes a direct part, and also we fixed some problems.

https://kitscenarist.ru/assets/image...ers-colors.png

What's under the hood?
                              - added the ability to lock scene numbers;
                              - added the ability to specify a custom number for the locked scene;
                              - added the ability to specify the start number of scenes for the script in the section Research - Script;
                              - setting the prefix of the scene numbers also moved to the script parameters in the Research and now displayed not only in export, but will also directly in the script editor;
                              - also fixed the problem with the prefix of the scene numbers when exporting the script;
                              - added the ability to specify a color for any research document, and the colors assigned to the characters are also displayed opposite their dialogues in the script editor;
                              - the option of highlighting blocks now also takes into account the colors of scenes and replicas;
                              - in the script, you can now set the color for several scenes selected in the navigator simultaneously;
                              - improved automatic splitting of dialogues on page breaks;
                              - fixed problems with saving words in the user dictionary of spelling check;
                              - fixed the detected synchronization problems in the cloud service.

Let's go!

Comment

Hello!

For a long time, we did not have new versions, so it's time to get ready!

Unfortunately, version 0.7.2 beta 9 did not include everything that I wanted, for example, double dialogues did not distribute into update... The reason is that this is a rather complicated functional, on which I honestly say, was buried. Realizing that for more than two weeks I have been doing this and I'm not even in the middle of the road, I decided that we need to review the plan and adjust the route. In any case, this functionality will be in the program, not in this, either in one of the future versions.

From the new it turns out that we have only one major addition - it is possible to create versions of the script and compare them.

https://kitscenarist.ru/assets/image...sions-list.png

It works as follows - when you start the project, the program thinks that you started the first version of the script. When you have finished it, in the menu you will find the item "Start new version", by clicking which, you can specify the color of the new version (in the future we plan to make automatic revisions of all versions based on these colors) and set its name. That's all. Now you are already working on the next version. Then, again and again, you can create as many versions as you need.

After you have accumulated several versions and you want to compare them, you can follow to the tools module, select a tool with the appropriate name and compare the desired versions of the script. In this case, new pieces of text will be highlighted in green, deleted in red, and for the changed pieces, two blocks will be displayed one with the old text, and the second with the new one.

Plus, the way to fill out the cards has been changed. Now in edit mode for each card, you can see both its title and the heading of the scene.

Plus, we have some bug fixes:
                                - fixed the problem with the freezing of the program, when the block highlighting tuned on;
                                - fixed the problem with adding cards without a title, but with a description;
                                - fixed the problem with updating the card description, which in some cases was not deleted;
                                - fixed the problem with resetting the currently active cell in the mental map editor;
                                - improved the work of spelling dictionaries;
                                - changed behavior of the appearance of a side panel with formats in the Zen mode - now it appears, when you move the cursor to the edge of the screen;
                                - fixed the problem with keeping transparent background for png-images in the gallery;
                                - when creating a project in a non-existent folder, the program will try to create it automatically;
                                - when exporting to FDX format, the title page is now also saved;
                                - fixed the problem with running the program in newer versions of Linux distributions;
                                - translations of the program into Italian and Azerbaijani languages were added;
                                - minor improvements to the interface (update information is removed from the program menu, some panels are re-arranged).

Such things guys. I hope future versions will not force themselves to wait so long!

Comment

Working...
                                X