Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA Regarding Profile Settings

A member contacted me about their e-mail being displayed via their PROFILE on the forums. By default a contact e-mail for you (aka the email you registered for the forums with) is NOT displayed or available to anyone. It never has been. I even double-tripled checked the default options for when someone first registers. It is off/unchecked.

YOU have to check/enable the option via your USER CP under EDIT OPTIONS to enable it. That said, to be safe since privacy is important to us, I wanted to remind any & all that if your e-mail being displayed when someone clicks on "Send a message via email to XXXXXXXX" is of any concern, then please double-check your settings.

For most users, when any logged in fellow user clicks on "Send a message via email..." link on your profile page, they will only see the message: Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

Again, the default setting is off for every new account -- no email displayed. Make sure you haven't accidentally turned it on/checked the box next to "Receive Email from Other Members" if you don't want your e-mail showing. The system doesn't privately or anonymously send you emails via that link/option. It only displays your e-mail for others to use. Our general guideline is to only share your email with someone via PMs/DMs. But your choice, of course.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com
Working...
X