No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream Writing Assignments

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
    Good for you, that sounds like a fun activity. Speaking as an Alien fan, who enjoys even the bad movies, I would love to pen a sequel that honors the original work. But I barely have enough time to work on my own stuff.
    Yeah, us too. We only work on our "fan" stuff when we hit a road block on our originals. It's a great exercise of the brain to come up with cool things for established properties to give the part of the brain gummed up with our original stuff a little break.

I know you can't really ever sell it, but I'd enjoy reading a great take on an existing franchise (guess that would be classified as screenwriting fan fiction?). Imagine Alien as a TV show? I'm there.
    We set our Predators vs Aliens in the San Diego zoo because can you just imagine all the interesting xenomorphs with the plethora of cool animals at the zoo, like a hummingbird alien, lion alien, camel alien, etc.

Of course, our alien queen blends with the elephant.

Comment

Scary Movie 6

Rendezvous with Rama

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
        Jeremiah Johnson (1972) - contemporary
        I just watched this and I liked it. How would you write a contemporary version of this? Something like Jon Krakauer's books?

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
          King Conan with Arnold or just another Conan movie with Jason Momoa. I'm a fan of the Robert E. Howard stories and the original movie but I'd still be extremely nervous. Hardcore fantasy fans are difficult to please. On the flip side most people think the Conan movies suck so maybe I could deliver them a pleasant surprise, like the new Mad Max.
          Jason Momoa as Conan, Idris Elba as Thulsa Doom.
          “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
            Jason Momoa as Conan, Idris Elba as Thulsa Doom.
            That'll work. They're both big boys and Momoa is a much more natural Conan than Arnold. He just had the lousier movie.

Elba's voice isn't quite as powerful as James Earl's but he is more physically intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
              That'll work. They're both big boys and Momoa is a much more natural Conan than Arnold. He just had the lousier movie.

Elba's voice isn't quite as powerful as James Earl's but he is more physically intimidating.
              Sweeten the voice in post (or not; I believe Elba could pull it off nicely).
              Last edited by Clint Hill; 08-01-2020, 08:47 PM.
              “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Working...
              X