$30 Million for Reese Witherspoon!!!??? WTF!!!!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $30 Million for Reese Witherspoon!!!??? WTF!!!!

paris hilton for starters.

vig

Comment

She was brilliant in 'Walk the Line'.

I say give her the cash!
      I wanna tell you about the time I almost died....

Comment

So much negativity.

Comment

she has the highest paid forehead in movie history.

vig

Comment

Originally posted by creativexec
            IShe does not have the track record of Julia Roberts - whose successes have crossed over from rom-coms (PRETTY WOMAN) to chick flicks like STEPMOM to thrillers like THE PELICAN BRIEF to Oscar winning dramas like ERIN BROCKOVICH. If this salary is accurate, it (probably) also includes her producing fee. I find it unlikely that this sum is simply for her performance alone. But crazier things have happened in this town.
            Reece is a helluva lot better actress than Julia Roberts was or ever will be. Roberts milked PRETTY WOMAN for over 10 years plus before she semi-retired (other an animation flick) to have the twins.

The talented multi-genre Witherspoon (she's choosing more dramatic roles now that casting directors see her other than the Legally Blonde actress) IS the new Julia Roberts. America's Sweetheart to a new generation of movie goers. Hey, more power to Roberts for coming back. But, she'll never be as good as Reece.

Comment

I liked her in Election. Haven't seen anything else with her (that i can remember anyways...)

Originally posted by vig
              she has the highest paid forehead in movie history.
              It's not the forehead as much as that dagger of a chin.

Either way, I still have the upmost respect.

Comment

Huh, I thought Nicole had pretty much stepped into Julia's shoes, with Sandra a safety net for any roles Nicole didn't want. Ms. Witherspoone just doesn't show up on my sex radar. Which would probably please her, assuming she knew I existed.

-Derek
                My Web Page - naked women, bestial sex, and whopping big lies.
                Take the critiques you get with a grain of salt. Invariably, some of the critics will be kooks, bitter curmudgeons, or complete fools. ~odocoileus

Comment

I never rated her looks until I saw her on 'Walk the Line'.

I think it took me a while to get over her big a$$ in Cruel Intentions.
                  I wanna tell you about the time I almost died....

Comment

The fact that you guys are calling Julia Roberts old and a has-been when she is younger than Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and just about every other male megastar is so grindingly insulting that you should all be beaten within an inch of your life.

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by yvonnjanae
                      The fact that you guys are calling Julia Roberts old and a has-been when she is younger than Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and just about every other male megastar is so grindingly insulting that you should all be beaten within an inch of your life.
                      Absolutely! I find Julia Roberts's serenity far more beautiful now than when she was in Pretty Woman and Mystic Pizza. Brad Pitt was always the pretty boy and I think he's losing his looks. He won't look that good into his 40s, whereas Clooney improves with age. It's more to do with the internal development of personality than anything else.

But back to subject, Reese worth 30 m? Is any actor worth that kind of money at the moment? There's something about Reese that will never be a mega star, don't know what it is, something in her personality perhaps. And I agree with CE. Recent possession movies have not had much critical success. It's passe.

Comment

You go get em' Yvonne! lol

Where I grew up, anything's value is worth what you pay. Otherwise, you wouldn't buy it, right? And in this case, Reese Witherspoon is worth whatever someone is willing to pay her.

You can debate all you want if you're not buying it at that price.

Econ 101

Simplified: You pay X amount of dollars to see a movie. You complain before, during and after. Still, you paid that X amount to see a movie. The movie's value was worth X. Your OPINION (y) may suggest otherwise. Still, the money is no longer in your pocket and hence, worth X amount.
                        Last edited by theblondewritr; 03-02-2006, 12:48 AM.
                        si

Comment

Ms. Witherspoone and new 007 Daniel Craig's pics are both showing on www.imdb.com right now, frankly Danny looks more attractive but hey, I didn't say that.

"Men become distinguished as they grow older, women get uglier. Why is that?"

-Derek
                          My Web Page - naked women, bestial sex, and whopping big lies.
                          Take the critiques you get with a grain of salt. Invariably, some of the critics will be kooks, bitter curmudgeons, or complete fools. ~odocoileus

Comment

I'm not sure how $30 million is warranted. She was exceptional in Walk the Line, but it wasn't really her movie. It was a biopic about an American legend and co-starred an Oscar nominee.
                            Previous efforts were less than stellar:
                            Just Like Heaven
                            Vanity Fair
                            Legally Blonde 2
                            The Importance of Being Earnest

Only Sweet Home Alabama (128 million) and Legally Blonde (98 million) were successful films that she starred in. That should hardly net her 30 mill.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

Julia Roberts looks better now than Reese does in her youth....even after two kids....but if she is getting $30 million i'd definately congratulate her. but it seems like everybody will start wanting more money if this goes thru...especially people who have been in the business for a while.
                              One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

For $30 million she had better drop the top and the bottoms.

Comment

Working...
                                X