Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is the best

I read the FF script a long time back. It was excellent. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets picked up. Good luck, SBS!

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
      Bingo is not an option for most of us. Sitting in a cavernous room full of blue-haired women just to make a few extra dollars is worse than the alternative.

I'm sorry, but that's just funny. Mostly because it came out of nowhere yet was perfectly timed.

Props, Centurio.
      Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"
      Ever notice how 'monogamy' rhymes with 'monotony'?" -- Christian Troy

Comment

Please take off-topic personal arguments to One-on-One or PMs.

Comment

I'm the best.

Comment

SB- loved the script. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by seh View Post
              Good luck, SB!:

NICHOLL WINNER GOES OUT.

This entry was posted on Friday, September 4th, 2009 at 4:32 pm.
              2007 Nicholl winner THE FLY FISHER (which never really made the rounds because it was under option at the time) is out for the long weekend.
              Representation: Geoff Alexander (6-17 Management)
              Written by: Michael L. Hare
              Psychological horror. When a boy is kidnapped by a deranged criminal with a disturbing plan, his family is devastated, but when he mysteriously returns home two years later, his parents must deal with the possibility that their pain has only begun.

Talked about this in another thread. Here's a spec out for the long weekend. I find that really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by gravitas View Post
                Talked about this in another thread. Here's a spec out for the long weekend. I find that really interesting.
                According to trackingb, it was also the only spec to go out in the past two weeks. According to Lifeonthebubble, there have only been 3 specs to go wide all of August. Compare that to March when 77 went wide.
                https://twitter.com/#!/moviewriterJeff

Comment

That is INSANE MrJones. Let's hope those three are really high-qual scripts. I haven't read any of them.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by mrjonesprods View Post
                    According to trackingb, it was also the only spec to go out in the past two weeks. According to Lifeonthebubble, there have only been 3 specs to go wide all of August. Compare that to March when 77 went wide.
                    Holy ****! I'm going to join trackingb - I feel so uninformed as far as activity goes

Comment

It's a conscious, tactical decision taking into account a bunch of market factors.

Comment

Holy ****! I'm going to join trackingb - I feel so uninformed as far as activity goes
                        There are MANY scripts that go wide that never make it on TrackingB for one reason or another so don't get caught up in those stats or info.
                        "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Code7Films View Post
                          There are MANY scripts that go wide that never make it on TrackingB for one reason or another so don't get caught up in those stats or info.
                          It may not track every script, but it at least gives you a decent idea of what's happening in the market. From the sources I provided, March is busier than August by a significant amount. Agree?

Comment

It may not track every script, but it at least gives you a decent idea of what's happening in the market. From the sources I provided, March is busier than August by a significant amount. Agree?
                            Yep, not saying there is anything wrong with TrackingB, it's just not the end all to stats and everything that is going wide...
                            "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Code7Films View Post
                              Yep, not saying there is anything wrong with TrackingB, it's just not the end all to stats and everything that is going wide...
                              Well, because most writers don't have access to all the other tracking boards out there, it's a decent way to keep tabs on what's going on. But, I agree, it doesn't catch everything.

Going back to why August is slow... one of the reasons is because September starts the 4th quarter and studios get the last of their development money for that year. What they don't use, they lose. I had a few different jobs I was looking at where my agents told me they weren't looking to hire a writer until September because the studios didn't have any money at the moment.

Comment

Well, because most writers don't have access to all the other tracking boards out there, it's a decent way to keep tabs on what's going on. But, I agree, it doesn't catch everything.

Going back to why August is slow... one of the reasons is because September starts the 4th quarter and studios get the last of their development money for that year. What they don't use, they lose. I had a few different jobs I was looking at where my agents told me they weren't looking to hire a writer until September because the studios didn't have any money at the moment.
                                Same from my agent here...

Comment

Working...
                                X