X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How long is too long?

Originally posted by Farnsworth View Post
    He's a great guy, darry. Smart. Driven. And a big kid at heart.

Told me that he's swamped with work, and he's sorry for the delay. (Maybe I read too much into it.)

I know he's trying to get THUNDERCADE set up, and other projects . . .

He assured me that he knows all the big agents . . .
    He's still into our project, (so that means that he still loves me.)

So, Shari, I'll feel really good again and really horny. How about that diaper change?
    Buh-Bye.

Comment

Wow.

I'm guessing Farns knows how Rihanna felt.

umo
      Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
        Jay Simpson's thoughts on good/bad reps, from the interview at http://lonelykeyboard.com :

JRM: What makes a good rep, and what are some of the things that tell you you're dealing with a keeper?

Jay Simpson: A good rep shares your vision for your career, and remains in constant contact with you in order to be putting you out for assignments and tracking your progress in writing original material.

Good reps act like partners who are equally invested in your success. Average reps act like they work for you, only working when you direct them to. A bad rep acts like you work for them, expecting you to do all their legwork for them.

JRM: What are some signs of a bad rep-things to watch out for? The legwork bit you don't find out about until it's too late.

Jay Simpson: An stable of clients that's too large to be properly serviced. A stable of clients that have been with the rep for a long time, but have had no work or sales in that time. A rep who doesn't return your calls and can't get your work into the hands of people who like it. An inability to get clients up for assignments or even into "meet and greet- meetings with producers and studio execs.
        HOLY SH!T! What Simpson said is the EXACT OPPOSITE OF DF!

When I met with him and asked him what his five-year plan for me looked like he said, "I don't even have a five-year plan for myself."

The one assignment I brought to him, he completely fvcked up for me by antagonizing the CE at the studio.

DF has too many clients, won't return phone calls on time, doesn't get notes out on time and will often bumps notes sessions to a weekend, only then he flakes out and wants to bump the time again!

Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post

This post disgusts me on so many levels it isn't even funny any more.
          I agree... It would be wise never to give this clown (Farnsworth) any advice again.
          "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

I don't believe he sent any such email today. He's still waiting for his notes and killing time here by playing with sincere people.

But it makes sense -- Farns jerks us around which makes him a perfect match for a prod-anager to jerk him around.
            Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Farns, you're the abused woman who keeps going back to her dead beat man 'cause deep down you know he loves you and would never do anything to hurt you again.

DF's temper goes from 0-1,000 in the blink of an eye. It's legendary. We were supposed to do notes one day and he never called. So I e-mailed him to inquire if we were still on and he responded with a smack down telling me that he was in the midst of taking a script out, that he had to rearrange his entire schedule, that he "thought I would have understood," and that "you'd want me to do the same for you with you script."

I was actually going to applaud you for breaking free of his grasp, but if you're really going to stay with someone who mistreats his clients in such a capacity, you're a lost cause.

Comment

So, Shari, I'll feel really good again and really horny. How about that diaper change?
                Oooo, sounds good Farnzie.

You just roll over, now. Oil up that cratery little kiester.

And don't clench.

'cause Uncle Dan's ready to slide it on in ya.
                For another two years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Shari Hari View Post
                  Oooo, sounds good Farnzie.

You just roll over, now. Oil up that cratery little kiester.

And don't clench.

'cause Uncle Dan's ready to slide it on in ya.
                  For another two years or so.
                  "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

Don't worry Farnsworth, you are not the only one going through the same thing. Michael W. Smith feels your pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBTn_8g3pkM
                    The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post

DF has too many clients, won't return phone calls on time, doesn't get notes out on time and will often bumps notes sessions to a weekend, only then he flakes out and wants to bump the time again!

Jesus!
                      Was the pun intended, Mac?
                      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
                        Was the pun intended, Mac?
                        Oh, I'll never tell.

Comment

Does anyone else find it funny that Farnsworth had an easier time leaving his first wife than his first manager?

Comment

He's a great guy, darry. Smart. Driven. And a big kid at heart.

Told me that he's swamped with work, and he's sorry for the delay. (Maybe I read too much into it.)

I know he's trying to get THUNDERCADE set up, and other projects . . .

He assured me that he knows all the big agents . . .
                            He's still into our project, (so that means that he still loves me.)

Your dedication to ignorance is exceeded only by your creepiness, Farnsworth.

I'm happily certain you'll get exactly what you deserve.

Comment

(I suspect she left him)

Comment

We seem to have beat this one to death. Move on.
                                Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Working...
                                X