No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Snyder RIP 1952-2009

Blake Snyder RIP -- 1952-2009

Thanks for your inspiration and hard work.

You will be missed.

Peace.

Your books will last forever.

http://www.blakesnyder.com/
    Last edited by Ben; 08-04-2009, 04:04 PM.
    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

Re: Blake Snyder RIP 1952-2009

Wow that's a shame.

So young.

Comment

Yeah, so young and seemingly healthy. Horrible news. R.I.P Blake. They'll still be talking about Save The Cat in fifty years time. That's some achievement.
      A lovely being, scarcely formed or moulded,
      A rose with all its sweetest leaves yet folded.

Comment

R.I.P. Blake Snyder

Words can't express my sadness over the loss of Blake Snyder... wow....

Everybody say a prayer for the man who shared some amazing nuggets of his success and gold to screenwriters around the globe with his Save the Cat series of books...

He will be greatly missed

-- Zazzzzz

Comment

Sorry. I posted this a minute or two ago in OoO. Apologies for the Doublemint.

Comment

The last thing he wrote on his blog was: "I love writers."

We return the compliment.

Comment

Wow, I'm shocked. R.I.P.

I've recommended Save the Cat tons of times to fellow writers needing a simple beat sheet.
              "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
              ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

I see there's another thread. I'll repeat what i wrote...

I didn't agree with everything in his book but...

no doubt he had enthusiasm for the craft, teaching & his students. Great marketer, too. If you write HW comedies, his book is the one to read.

Seemed like a good guy. Condolences to his family.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

I just recieved an email from a friend over at Blake Snyder's Save the Cat forum with a link on Blake's blog about the sad news...

http://www.blakesnyder.com/

For the past two weeks I've been performing a page one rewrite of a screenplay entitled REDEMPTION.. I decided to rewrite this script using Blake Snyder's Save the Cat method..

After two weeks of writing I finished around 10:.00 a.m. British Time in the morning having been up all night from the previous day when I finally got to write FADE OUT: THE END

I printed the script to hardcopy and bound it with brass brads and washers - job done...

4th of August is my birthday I have just turned 50 years of age. It was supposed to be a special occasion..

I had stuff to do.. Birthday cards to open, gifts and presents from family and friends and later a banquette dinner with the family and finish off with a bottle of Champagne..

I have a nap, wake up, check my email and discover Blake Snyder has passed away..

I have to say, after spending two weeks with a 110 page screenplay using Blake Snyders Save the Cat system which I was so close to for these past two weeks and finishing the script on the 4th of August, my birthday and discovering this very sad news at the end of this day has been deeply upsetting and I'm very sad at Blake's passing...

I have his Save the Cat book and his second book and the STC software and I'm a member of the STC forum community.. http://savethecat.informe.com

I never met the man but he emailed me a couple of times and was always very courteous and polite and always very interested in your writing and your projects..

What a terrible sad loss this is to the screenwriting community...

I'll dedicate the screenplay REDEMPTION to Blake..

R.I.P. Blake...

Kevan

Comment

Wow, this is a surprise.

RIP Blake.

This has been an odd year for deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpet View Post
                      The last thing he wrote on his blog was: "I love writers."

We return the compliment.
                      wow, that's great... so sad... he helped me out too
                      "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

This is sad news. He seemed so healthy and full of life.

RIP Blake.
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

He contributed before he went. That's more than most can say. Cheers to passion well done.
                          "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

I don't care if I posted already on a another thread, but I'm still in disbelief. Anytime a healthy person dies out of the blue, it makes you wonder. And not just about him.

Your methods and techniques saved not only the cat but plenty o' writers from some futile all-nighters. Thank you.

R.I.P. Blake
                            "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                            - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Wow...how sad. "Save the Cat" changed the way I approached writing. I'm stunned.

Comment

Working...
                              X