Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Quest - Scott Myers - Contest/Course

Priya, it took you five years to piss off Jeff Lowell?

Mark ( Pushing his luck with the old "If one pisses off Jeff Lowell he'll get back by reading your script" joke. )
    TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
      Priya, it took you five years to piss off Jeff Lowell?
      Nah. I think it was like three minutes.

It took me five years to take him up on his offer to read me and give me notes. If he hadn't offered back then, no way would I have asked him now.
      "I believe that discrimination exists in Hollywood, but ... its much less of an obstacle then poor writing, poor marketing, poor networking and being a whiny little bitch." -- JKK

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
        I'm not asking Craig or Jeff to help me. If I needed to post pages, I'd post them.

I'm sure Priya deserved her recommendation. I don't think Lowell goes around bothering his managers with shitty scripts. He said very clearly he thought it was GREAT.

I don't know what you mean by the bold faced stuff. Where'd you get the idea that I'm counting on anyone to "launch my career"?

God help me if I counted on anything other than a great fucking script.
        I got the idea -- actually, impression is more precise -- from your posts in this thread. Especially the one where you wanted to know if any of Scott's students turned pro as a "direct result" of his classes.

If I misunderstood, 'scusa.
        Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by Priya View Post
          Wow. Thank you.
          You're welcome. Still, it's the truth. And it doesn't mean we're not likely to p1ss each other off down the road again ...
          Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
            And it doesn't mean we're not likely to p1ss each other off down the road again ...
            It's the one constant in my crazy life.
            "I believe that discrimination exists in Hollywood, but ... its much less of an obstacle then poor writing, poor marketing, poor networking and being a whiny little bitch." -- JKK

Comment

Priya, didn't you host a writing contest in the "Writing Excersize forum" with the winner getting a script read, and didn't someone get repped from that?
              TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Priya View Post
                It's the one constant in my crazy life.
                Wow - you too?

Comment

Respect =

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
                    Priya, didn't you host a writing contest in the "Writing Excersize forum" with the winner getting a script read, and didn't someone get repped from that?
                    I did host. Did they get repped? That's cool!

As for making out, well, I'm going to go give my liver a work out, and they say most people are two drinks from making out with sc111.

So, maybe?

Sc111, I'll drunk sext you when I get home!

Comment

I cleared a few of the more off-topic posts out of here.

Please stay on topic and also wrap this thread up soon. It's covered more than enough territory and opinions at this point for someone to make an informed decision about whether they want to take Scott up on his offer or not.

Thanks.
                      Will
                      Done Deal Pro
                      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Last call on the Quest--deadline is tonight. Scott just posted that he got over 2400 loglines!
                        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                          Last call on the Quest--deadline is tonight. Scott just posted that he got over 2400 loglines!
                          Here is what he posted around 6PM EDT (bolding is by Scott):
                          Number of individual submissions up to the time of this post: 1476.
                          Number of loglines: 2400 [estimated].

Comment

thanks for the heads up. i guess i was so un-enthused that i forgot about this. lol!

Comment

I figured by the time I posted it would be more!
                              http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

2000 of those are my loglines. I can't help it, I'm a genius.

HH

Comment

Working...
                                X