No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do people query on weekends?

Meh... Send.

If people are gonna pass because of that, fukk 'em.
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Just talking to someone here and they mentioned how their rep is on vacation and I"m like DUH!

I wasn't thinking this through, but when I was having my main success it was Sept/Oct/Nov before thanksgiving where I found my most success. I forget that Hollywood is "shut down" like 4 months a year it seems like even though it's also always open -- so weird!

So not only is this a bad time to pitch because of what's going on with WGA and agents -- it's literally maybe a few weeks too early and after Labor Day would be better if you aren't having success...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        Just talking to someone here and they mentioned how their rep is on vacation and I"m like DUH!

I wasn't thinking this through, but when I was having my main success it was Sept/Oct/Nov before thanksgiving where I found my most success. I forget that Hollywood is "shut down" like 4 months a year it seems like even though it's also always open -- so weird!

So not only is this a bad time to pitch because of what's going on with WGA and agents -- it's literally maybe a few weeks too early and after Labor Day would be better if you aren't having success...
        Right?

Seems like every time you try to go out with something everyone's out of the office for _____. Always seems like it's bad timing.

Yeah, with the WGA-ATA thing it seems WAAAAAAAAAAY slower than normal for this time of year. We went out with my show 2 1/2 months ago... I've heard back from 2 people. THAT SLOW!

Comment

BTW - anyone else getting faster reads from producers?

Comment

When I did talk to producers I surely did! But I don't talk to them much anymore...

Comment

When I did talk to producers I surely did! But I don't talk to them much anymore...
              It's creepily slow right now... at least for me. Maybe others are lighting up the town. But, I am used to hearing a bulk of the yes/no the following Monday. Does that still happen for you guys?

Comment

Everyone is on vacation and they hate us! Nope, dead silence.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                  BTW - anyone else getting faster reads from producers?
                  Last spec in May/June was comically slow. The first one was the old send out Wednesday for weekend reads and Monday they were fighting for territories. Second one? Send to agency on a Friday, Sunday they were taking to A++ lister. I'm like, sh1t, this is how it goes every time? Yeah, well, smash cut to this last one and it was a slow drizzle from an elderly pecker.

Comment

Got an auto reply that rep is out of office until Sept 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
                      Last spec in May/June was comically slow. The first one was the old send out Wednesday for weekend reads and Monday they were fighting for territories. Second one? Send to agency on a Friday, Sunday they were taking to A++ lister. I'm like, sh1t, this is how it goes every time? Yeah, well, smash cut to this last one and it was a slow drizzle from an elderly pecker.
                      Same. I think we maybe got spoiled for a bit. Now it seems like even with reps it's hard to get a read.

Comment

Everyone is on vacation and they hate us! Nope, dead silence.
                        Yup...

Comment

Working...
                        X