Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michael's Bay's Revenge- Megan Fox is out of Transformers 3

Why not just generate some hottie with CGI? It's not like Transformers movies require much in the way of nuanced acting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
      This headline could just as easily have read, "MICHAEL BAY FAILS TO LEARN LESSON; CONTINUES TO THINK WITH HIS D!CK."

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/mega...-front-runner/

A fvckin' Victoria's Secret model? REALLY??
      Is this really all that shocking? What do you think they chose Megan Fox for in the first place? Her acting chops? Last I checked she wasn't doing Shakespeare on Broadway.

Comment

even if megan is a total biatch, in the transformers world she's supposed to be the love of shia's life and provided much of the emotional anchor to parts 1 and what little humanity there was in part 2. part 3's love interest wont seem to make much sense in this context. i'd feel cheated because i was emotionally invested in their relationship in parts 1 and 2. it's back to the old speed 1 and 2 analogy. part 1 they experience something unique that should keep them together forever (speeding bus/subway) then suddenly part 2 keanu's character is written off as an unsentimental meathead. the audience didnt buy it one bit and the box office showed. of course transformers has a lot more going for it (giant robots) but the emotional rewrite is still gonna miff alot of the audience who wanted/expected megan and shia to succeed as a couple.

Comment

Go with the good old "kill her off" moment in act one as the inciting incident.
          Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
            even if megan is a total biatch, in the transformers world she's supposed to be the love of shia's life and provided much of the emotional anchor to parts 1 and what little humanity there was in part 2. part 3's love interest wont seem to make much sense in this context. i'd feel cheated because i was emotionally invested in their relationship in parts 1 and 2.
            Wait, you were emotionally invested in their relationship? How'd you pull that off?

Comment

Originally posted by ViningWolff View Post
              Go with the good old "kill her off" moment in act one as the inciting incident.
              But is she isn't involved at all they'll have no choice but to go the Airwolf route, when they killed Dom by having a random fat guy in a red baseball hat walk out of focus towards an exploding helicopter.
              Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

True - you might be able to CGI her a bit over a double from a distance.
                Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
                  Is this really all that shocking? What do you think they chose Megan Fox for in the first place? Her acting chops? Last I checked she wasn't doing Shakespeare on Broadway.
                  Exactly. Bay found a pretty face and put her in the movie. That pretty face walked off. Now he needs another pretty face.

If you are confused by this, then you don't know how Hollywood really works.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                    Exactly. Bay found a pretty face and put her in the movie. That pretty face walked off. Now he needs another pretty face.

If you are confused by this, then you don't know how Hollywood really works.
                    It's not necessarily how Hollywood works; but it's evidently how Michael Bay works.

If he could take his ego out of the equation for even a fraction of a second, he'd realize Megan Fox's "acting" ability was a joke. Her being booted from the third installment would've been a perfect time to cast someone with beauty AND talent while admitting zero fault for having cast a sh!tty actress in the first place.

Comment

it will be interesting to see how they explain megan missing from tran3. hopefully it won't be cheesy. neat-in-a-package stuff just irritates; it sets a crummy tone from the beginning.

it would be fun if we found out megan was actually an advanced transformer from the very beginning (hey, not so wierd, remember there was a female transformer that hit on him in tran2...?). anyway, that megan-tran was somehow connected from the beginning (maybe to the glasses?). electrical stuff is sort of associated with her - the tiny robot was attracted to her (well, her leg) and she was an auto mechanic.

okay, maybe that's really stupid (sigh)...

back to cheese. she could fall in love with her professor at community college and shia could receive a breakup letter in act 1. ooohhh, wait... yes, breakup delivered in song-snippets by bumblebee...!
                      life happens
                      despite a few cracked pots-
                      and random sunlight

Comment

I hope they don't kill her off, that's always a bit of a downer IMO. Case in point, Iron Eagle 2 where they killed the hero of no.1 in the first few minutes! Granted, it's not strictly the same, and granted it was a woeful set of films, but it's always a glum way to start what is supposed to be a fun franchise.

I prefer the Back to the Future approach... Just pretend it's still her

Comment

The only solution is to scrap this project.

Surely theres another toy/cartoon/comic franchise hollywood can mine in order to provide us with quality entertainment.

Where's the Three's Company movie?

The Rubic's Cube Movie?

Nerf the Movie?

Geraldo Rivera @ Al Capones Vault The Movie?
                          Frustrated? Click here for help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                            It's not necessarily how Hollywood works; but it's evidently how Michael Bay works.

If he could take his ego out of the equation for even a fraction of a second, he'd realize Megan Fox's "acting" ability was a joke. Her being booted from the third installment would've been a perfect time to cast someone with beauty AND talent while admitting zero fault for having cast a sh!tty actress in the first place.
                            Why? The only purpose the Hot Chick serves in these movies is to look hot. Do you really think they'd take screen time away from the big, giant robots to develop her character?
                            "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

new article on the situation:

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/mi...s-blowup-17795

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Anjel View Post
                                Why? The only purpose the Hot Chick serves in these movies is to look hot. Do you really think they'd take screen time away from the big, giant robots to develop her character?
                                I wasn't complaining about lack of character development; I was talking about acting ability of the actress in the role.

Comment

Working...
                                X