This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done Deal Managers

Not sure if this has been asked before, but are there any managers (or agents) here on the board that are looking for new clients?

Re: Done Deal Managers

There are some fairly well-known managers, but they're here mostly to impart advice, not troll for clients (managers, correct me if I'm wrong. Cuz I gots dis script... )

Comment

Have to be honest, this is not a good approach. At best you'll be met by silence. Better to take your script and actively find representation.

Comment

All you need is a well crafted query and an interesting logline... of course a great script helps most!

M
        "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

As a side note - at one time a person with a great deal of experience in Hollywood did actually come here and announce that he was starting his own agency and invited members here to submit screenplays to him for evaluation and possible representation. While several members responded appropriately with questions, there were a number of responses along the line of, "Why the hell should I entrust my screenplay to someone with no experience as an agent?" and "You must be a scam artist."

Needless to say, the agent withdrew his offer. Another consequence was that a mid-level reader for MAJOR talent agency who was an active member here and frequent contributor was so put off by the reaction that he abandoned this site, never to return.

A few people with stupid remarks pretty much spoiled it for the rest of us.
          We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by billmarq View Post
            As a side note - at one time a person with a great deal of experience in Hollywood did actually come here and announce that he was starting his own agency and invited members here to submit screenplays to him for evaluation and possible representation. While several members responded appropriately with questions, there were a number of responses along the line of, "Why the hell should I entrust my screenplay to someone with no experience as an agent?" and "You must be a scam artist."

Needless to say, the agent withdrew his offer. Another consequence was that a mid-level reader for MAJOR talent agency who was an active member here and frequent contributor was so put off by the reaction that he abandoned this site, never to return.

A few people with stupid remarks pretty much spoiled it for the rest of us.
            That tends to happen in every area of life.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Comment

But that's bound to happen anywhere without a gate to keep out the inexperienced/ crazies. Shouldn't surprise anyone (doesn't mean it's excusable).
              www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
              http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Originally posted by ricther View Post
                Not sure if this has been asked before, but are there any managers (or agents) here on the board that are looking for new clients?
                Geoff Alexander used to be a manager. He might have some advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BillWilliams12345 View Post
                  So THAT must be why he didn't answer my query. Boy do I feel good about myself again.

Comment

***REDACTED*** used to be a manager. He might have some advice.
                    Darn it! You went and invoked He Who Must Not Be Named. Nobody will ever work in this town again...

Comment

When did he quit? I must have missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronaldinho View Post
                        Me, too. Damn -- it's hard out there for a pimp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronaldinho View Post
                          The question is, does Geoff know he quit?

Comment

Yeah, I could have sworn I saw a batch of new clients for Geoff on studio system like a month or so ago.
                            Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

You know in this town, you're always the last one to find out you've been put out to pasture...

Of course, he could just be spending more time with his brewery...

http://mountainx.com/food/specialty-...r-week-events/
                              ::

Comment

Working...
                              X