Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact information on screenplays sent to reps

When sending screenplays to managers and agents, leave the address and phone off the cover if not in L.A.?

Re: Contact information on screenplays

No need to have your address on there, so yes leave that off. If you're reaching out to a manager who does not want clients out of state (and some don't), you're only hurting yourself.

Phone is a different thing. Lots of people move here but keep their old numbers. It's a judgement call on that one. They'll respond by email anyway and ask for your number if they want to talk.

Comment

Re: Contact information on screenplays sent to reps

I think even if you live in LA, just an email is the norm now.

Comment

Agreed with the rest.

Just do...

TITLE

NAME

That's it.

If they dig it, trust me, they'll find you.
        Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
          No need to have your address on there, so yes leave that off. If you're reaching out to a manager who does not want clients out of state (and some don't), you're only hurting yourself.

Phone is a different thing. Lots of people move here but keep their old numbers. It's a judgement call on that one. They'll respond by email anyway and ask for your number if they want to talk.

Not saying if it's a good idea, or not, because I don't know. But you can buy an LA number that points to your real number, for next to nothing.
          "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
            Not saying if it's a good idea, or not, because I don't know. But you can buy an LA number that points to your real number, for next to nothing.
            You might also consider the free service, Google Voice.

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
              or you can change your phone number so it has an LA area code. yeah, it's a real thing.
              "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I didn't know you could do that...

Seriously, might be a good idea, because they know it's easier to set meetings for you if you're in LA. Seeing an out of state phone number IS a turn off.

BUT!

DO NOT PUT THIS NUMBER ON YOUR SCRIPT!

They'll see it as amateur, don't raise red flags. That will be the first red flag where they'll think "Bet this script sucks... Phone number on script = desperate." Let's say you sign with them, they'll make you take it off before they'll go out with it. Don't do it! Make it look like what they're used to TITLE/NAME that's it. And don't date it.

Put the fake LA phone number in your email signature. Promise!

Good idea!

ps... once you're repped, in the lower left corner of the title page there is contact info, your rep's contact info. Meaning, just their name and company. No phone number. If your rep doesn't want their phone number on the script, you shouldn't either. It looks like.

JOE BLOW
                CIRCLE OF CONFUSION

That's it.
                Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                  I didn't know you could do that...

Seriously, might be a good idea, because they know it's easier to set meetings for you if you're in LA. Seeing an out of state phone number IS a turn off.

BUT!

DO NOT PUT THIS NUMBER ON YOUR SCRIPT!

They'll see it as amateur, don't raise red flags. That will be the first red flag where they'll think "Bet this script sucks... Phone number on script = desperate." Let's say you sign with them, they'll make you take it off before they'll go out with it. Don't do it! Make it look like what they're used to TITLE/NAME that's it. And don't date it.

Put the fake LA phone number in your email signature. Promise!

Good idea!

ps... once you're repped, in the lower left corner of the title page there is contact info, your rep's contact info. Meaning, just their name and company. No phone number. If your rep doesn't want their phone number on the script, you shouldn't either. It looks like.

JOE BLOW
                  CIRCLE OF CONFUSION

That's it.
                  Yeah, eventually they're going to figure out you don't live in LA anyway.

"Meeting tomorrow? Oh, ****, just got to Texas to hunt feral hogs."

"Next week? Ummmm... gazelle I, mean antelope in Wyoming."

It used to be done as a courtesy to the person calling. "You don't have to pay long distance charges with this handy-dandy number". "What the fuk is long distance?"
                  "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Working...
                  X