No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fast and/or Furious 6

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
    Ermm... Speed is Newton quality laws of physics compared to F6.

When I say switch your brain off to enjoy it, I also mean suspend all knowledge of basic laws of physics along with it.
    Ah, but is it utterly preposterous from the get-go?
    I mean: after the first five minutes, would I be thinking, "This is crazy and stupid... now I can enjoy it"?

My problem with Speed was that it was supposed to have been grounded in reality, and not some comic-style world, which is why the weak, stupid-arse ending really let it down, as opposed to being just another over-the-top, unrealistic event in a film long since established as being such.

Anyway, one of my car-crazy mates is up for it, so we may catch it at the weekend. Hopefully somebody has turned the speakers down since I last visited the pictures(!), or it could be another lengthy period before I go back again.
    Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
      Ah, but is it utterly preposterous from the get-go?
      I mean: after the first five minutes, would I be thinking, "This is crazy and stupid... now I can enjoy it"?
      That's exactly why I liked it. Because I'm a firm (!) believer in establishing the rules of your universe in the first 10. If your opening shot is a clown-ninja backflipping off a roof firing guns, I know what I'm in for throughout.

This does that (minus the clown-ninja.... and the backflip). One of the first scenes (Very slight Spoiler) is Gina looking up at a roof where- three floors up- The wreckage of a car is sticking out of the side of the building.

'How did that get up there?' BAM!.... I get it. Dumb action that defies the laws of physics. I'm in!

Comment

We had so much fun watching this movie, and with WE I mean EVERYONE in the theater.

The movie was a lot funnier than Hangover 3 and the consensus is: Can't wait for the seventh.

SPOILERS

I never knew Mr. Transporter was that famous. When he came on, everyone started CLAPPING and getting excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
          One of the first scenes (Very slight Spoiler) is Gina looking up at a roof where- three floors up- The wreckage of a car is sticking out of the side of the building.

'How did that get up there?' BAM!.... I get it. Dumb action that defies the laws of physics. I'm in!
          I'm sold!

Of course, the ninja clowns would've been the icing on the cake, but maybe we could put our heads together and write that one ourselves.

Tickets were just bought online for Sunday; I'll come back and let you all know what I thought.
          Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
            SPOILERS**************************

Having Dom walk out of the flames carrying Gisele, or Gisele appearing at the ending barbecue scene would have been more satisfying. While her sacrifice was meaningful, just killing her off seemed pointless. Killing off Han in the Tag was just tasteless. Talk about kicking someone when they're down...
            SPOILERS**************************

Glad he accomplished absolutely nothing of consequence while he was around for this film and the last. Why even bring him back at all? That's the definition of pointless.

Comment

Spoilers -

The runway was so long they probably ended up in China at the end.

And where was the entire base of army troops throughout this?

Comment

It's a movie and there's some people here complaining that it's not realistic enough?

Really?
                Last edited by Terrance Mulloy; 06-01-2013, 02:35 AM.
                @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                  It's a movie and there's some people here complaining that it's not realistic enough?

Really?
                  Yeah, they're in the Star Trek thread.

Not sure why.

Comment

I think I put on five pounds of muscle while sitting in the theater during this film.

It was incredibly stupid, but almost risk-taking in its stupidity. Like they had to know "Okay, if he goes flying over the highway divide hundreds of feet over the ocean, catches her, and it doesn't look PERFECT this is going to be like cutting in a clip of the county destroying a dog." And it worked, mostly.

Though yeah, when the plane finally comes to a flaming halt, I blurted out "How long was that f***ing runway?" And when Vin Diesel emerges from the flames I thought there should have been a few shards of glass stuck in his bald head.

Still, loved the cars, had trouble spotting CG, and this was NOT of the Michael Bay "let's never reduce the volume below eleven because audiences are stupid" school of directing, so I approve.

Also, that European bodybuilder that made the Rock look like a Raggedy Andy doll... cripes, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X