No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Producer asked me where I'm based?

Hey all,

So I queried a Hong Kong producer and got a pretty quick response in which he asked me where I'm based. I replied promptly, but I'm a little bit curious now as to why he might have asked. Anyone care to share their two cents?

Just curious.

Re: Producer asked me where I'm based?

I'm guessing he probably wants to know where you're based. I dunno,that's just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute View Post
      Hey all,

So I queried a Hong Kong producer and got a pretty quick response in which he asked me where I'm based. I replied promptly, but I'm a little bit curious now as to why he might have asked. Anyone care to share their two cents?

Just curious.
      How will he know where to send a check if you don't tell him where you live?

My real guess.... he gets a lot of queries from around the world and wants to know where you are... try not to read too much into it.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
        How will he know where to send a check if you don't tell him where you live?

My real guess.... he gets a lot of queries from around the world and wants to know where you are... try not to read too much into it.
        Thanks, Ed. I keep telling myself not to read into it, but I think I'm too young and dumb to listen to my own advice. My script is based in Hong Kong, so I keep thinking that if I'm based anywhere other than Hong Kong, he'll somehow think that the script will lack authenticity.

Hmm... maybe I should go out with some friends and watch a movie in the meantime, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute View Post
          Hey all,

Just curious.
          Outside the US there are a range of coproduction treaties between countries.

So, for example, a film can be made as an official coproduction between Canada & Hong Kong - and it will count as 'Canadian' for the purpose of the Canadian film Funding scheme as well as count as 'Hong Kong' for local production purposes.

(Canada & Hong Kong have an MOU instead of a treaty - but you get the gist)

She (or he) probably had that in mind.

Mac
          New blogposts:
          *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
          *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
          *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
          *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Originally posted by Mac H. View Post
            Outside the US there are a range of coproduction treaties between countries.

So, for example, a film can be made as an official coproduction between Canada & Hong Kong - and it will count as 'Canadian' for the purpose of the Canadian film Funding scheme as well as count as 'Hong Kong' for local production purposes.

(Canada & Hong Kong have an MOU instead of a treaty - but you get the gist)

She (or he) probably had that in mind.

Mac
            This makes perfect sense, as I do recall him being interested in East-West co-productions. Thanks, Mac.

Comment

Working...
            X