X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Trek TV Series Set For 2017

...and an online series at that:

http://deadline.com/2015/11/star-tre...an-1201603597/

I imagine it's exciting news if you are a Trekkie/Trekker.

Re: New Star Trek TV Series Set For 2017

A reboot?

Comment

Huh.

Comment

I would be excited but I have no idea what CBS All Access is and whether it's any good.

Comment

By one of the writers that helped wreck the franchise. Still looking for any parts they can smash with their boots?

Comment

I watched the first ten minutes of the (first?) two new movies - that's all the J.J. I need.

I'd love to do a Trek series set ~400 years after "Nemesis," with a Federation whose 15 minutes are perhaps over (i.e., leaning into the United Federation/United States allegory).

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
              I'd love to do a Trek series set ~400 years after "Nemesis," with a Federation whose 15 minutes are perhaps over (i.e., leaning into the United Federation/United States allegory).
              Agreed. The only way to do Trek well is jump forward in time (like Next Generation did). The prequels ideas are fun and all, but you run into the issue of the past looking so much more advanced than the future.

Jump ahead another century. Just far enough that you could bring in Jonathan Franks in old man makeup for the pilot. Then let the show go. Free it to explore the universe in new ways.

Comment

Working...
              X