Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on comments

I wonder if it's normal or I'm just turning into a lovable curmudgeon.

But I've been doing this blog now for close to 15 years (way longer than I thought I would). And because of trolls (which I take as a sign of success) I've been moderating the comments the last three or four.

I love the comments section. Often you guys have way more interesting observations than me. Over the years I've met any number of you and have become friends with many of you. It's kind of like creating a little community, which is cool.

And please keep those Friday Questions coming.

But lately I find my patience is starting to wane. I'll get a snarky comment or stupid complaint and in the past I generally just let them through. Now? **** it. If I read a comment and think "Why is this person even reading my blog, he clearly has issues with it or me?" I now just delete their comment. Do I have thin skin? No. I don't give a ****. These comments don't hurt my feelings. I just find them annoying and by posting them it encourages others to be equally annoying. So I'm deleting more comments now than I have in the past. And that's aside from any pro-Trump comment, which I delete instantly.

Hopefully the comment section can be fun and a lively exchange of ideas and humor. But criticizing the content of a FREE blog, attacking other commenters, trying to be funny by being snarky when you're not remotely funny -- sorry, but those comments are no longer welcome and will no longer post. Yes, this may offend some of you and some may leave the blog. My best wishes to you wherever you may go. I'd rather a smaller audience of people who really have something worthwhile to say.

More...
Working...
X