No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Vestakis/Zero Gravity Management

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
    Did they actually respond to you? I've heard they usually don't even notify of a pass.
    Georgia has requested three of my scripts over the years (ZG must be gluttons for punishment) and I've had to chase them up for the rejection each time.

I wrote to them after about four weeks.
    TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Did they actually respond to you? I've heard they usually don't even notify of a pass.
      Yeah, good call. I'd forgotten that they actually tell you up front that if you bore them, you won't hear back.

I paraphrase.

Any case, the report is they "enjoyed" my writing and want me to throw some more logs at them. Which I guess is code for "if you can write, why does this story suck so bad?"

What are ya gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by Mopap View Post
        Yeah, good call. I'd forgotten that they actually tell you up front that if you bore them, you won't hear back.

I paraphrase.

Any case, the report is they "enjoyed" my writing and want me to throw some more logs at them. Which I guess is code for "if you can write, why does this story suck so bad?"

What are ya gonna do?

Throw the kitchen sink at them!

Surely Georgia will like something. She must have read some 75875587756 thousand scripts by now.

Comment

Seems as though they typically don't, which is what some people were stating. Would be nice, but I imagine they're busy, does seem like they request a lot of scripts.

People I know that are repped by them are happy, I got a read there a few weeks ago, been wondering the same thing. Pretty sure 2+ weeks is typically a pass, but then again, you never know what their reading department is like, at certain Paramount companies they have entire walk-in closets with just scripts they own, I can't imagine what their read list looks like (especially on a computer screen).

Comment

I just got a positive response after a couple of months, so don't despair!
            "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Its more my experience to give a minimum of 6 weeks for anyone to read through a screenplay.

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
                I just got a positive response after a couple of months, so don't despair!
                Is that more than a read request?

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Has anyone signed with Zero Gravity Management and had them actually go out with the spec script got their interest in the first place? Or do all of ZGM's clients end up writing scripts from scratch based on ZGM's ideas?

Comment

Sounds like they keep their writers going on their own ideas...but that's second hand info.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

I can't speak to how they are overall, but I'll say I was disappointed with my experience and it sounds like it's in keeping with what some others have said.

I was recommended to a rep there (not Georgia) by a producer with whom they had worked and respected. The rep read the script and asked to see another. I was asked where the scripts had been shown, etc.

I was then told they were looking to develop a certain idea (not that specific but more an idea in a certain genre) for a director. Some ideas were tossed around, but then the communication just stopped. I followed up a few times and got no response.

Not impressed with their act. It could be just that one rep, but overall I've always been uncertain how they've worked and what exactly they are looking for.

I think they've got decent clients and work hard to promote them, but they are a bit mysterious in terms of how to really get their attention.
                      Quato Lives!

Comment

I've been pretty quiet on these boards lately, y'know taking in the posts and scanning them over because I've given up on the writing gig, but my experience is the same as yours and Montana Hans.

ZG want's you to develop their ideas and once you crap out enough log lines and synopsis's to keep them going till the year 2012..it's good bye sucker and radio silence, or as one manager wrote me after he was giddy with excitement over my well crafted screenplay then pushed it up the proverbial ladder, then passed. He wrote "Good luck"..that's it..not hey do you still want to work on that idea...nada. That e-mail translated to me as "Thanks moran for giving us your work and ideas, but we no longer require your services sucker!"

Now..I know people on these boards don't want to hear this type of thing because deep in their hearts their hoping for that door to break down for them some day, but when you're on the outside looking in...you're always going to be on the outside.

So I'm just telling you my experiences with ZG, but these last two posts have confirmed my theories, and DD'er's can beat up on me all you want and defend their honor if you like..saying their the best..blah..blah..blah.

For gods sakes one of our own is being persecuted right now so if you think the industry gives two shakes about the writer..then I'm sorry to spoil your Holiday delusions.

I've been so wronged in so many ways that I just don't care anymore and you guys can take my posts for what's it worth.

Sorry.

Comment

So, bram20, when you sell this well-crafted script through another rep, will ZG come knocking on your door saying the script is based on their idea and they developed it with you and they're still attached?

Comment

No, this script was entirely mine. After he said he enjoyed reading it and wanted it to move up the ladder that's when he wanted more log lines and ideas and so forth, but this particular manager had no hand in my original screenplay whatsoever..that was all me, but I gave him so many loglines and ideas and I'm very sorry I did because he couldn't think of one interesting concept on his own. Now we know why ZG asks for so many scripts...and it's not for the writers benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by bram20 View Post
                              that's when he wanted more log lines and ideas and so forth, but this particular manager had no hand in my original screenplay whatsoever..that was all me, but I gave him so many loglines and ideas and I'm very sorry I did because he couldn't think of one interesting concept on his own. Now we know why ZG asks for so many scripts...and it's not for the writers benefit.
                              Are you suggesting they will rip off ideas and give them to writers they already rep?

That would be unscrupulous.

But you can register a 'synopsis' with the WGA - would that not give you some protection?
                              Last edited by Sherbet; 12-23-2010, 10:24 AM.
                              I am a master of dontopedalogy, the science of opening one's mouth and inserting one's foot it in.

It's not an art, it's a science.

Comment

Guys, in case you haven't noticed..the industry is unscrupulous and this is happening whether you writers want to acknowledge this or not. I know it's a tough pill to swallow but gulp it down and welcome to reality "Take the red pill".

I can't believe that this has not entered any writers mind..but we know full well that it has, we just refuse to accept it.

If they deny 99.9% of work and I know for a fact that their are DD'ers on here who write pretty exceptional then you put the pieces of the puzzle together. It's not that hard..just start at the corners.

Comment

Working...
                                X