No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Vestakis/Zero Gravity Management

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
    So Christine and Mark Holder aren't lit managers then, just producers? I'd imagine they are acting managers as well.

EJ
    The Holders rep acting talent. They're always looking to bring on good new clients as well.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
      So Christine and Mark Holder aren't lit managers then, just producers? I'd imagine they are acting managers as well.

EJ
      They rep lit as well.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

So I'm just curious, is the consensus that the approximate time for a response (if they're interested) is two weeks?
        Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

After submitting six queries in 2010, I got this in December...

I confess, we're a bit behind due to the holidays but we'll have some feedback on your scripts in the new year.
          But I've not heard anything since.

I have submitted 3 more queries though. Nothing else to do.

Comment

Yikes! I understand the practical reasons of not being able to send out rejection notices due to the sheer volume of material they request...

But it hurts. It hurts so bad.

Haha oh well, going to try to focus on the next project and hope for the best.
            Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

Any further experiences with ZG?

They have just asked me to submit.

Comment

They liked one of my scripts but wanted to see more. I actually decided not to move forward with them though.
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I went into ZG right before I was to decide which manager to go with.
                  My experience there was a little disillusioning. It runs really young and fast, which means it's a reasonable place for a possible quick 90-page write & sale job.
                  But, it's hard to market yourself there if you're a bit of an unusual writer.

I did get a hip-pocket offer, but went with my gut feeling, and chose a manager that reminded me of what I've read of Cathryn Jaymes.
                  Last edited by OCeeBee; 01-27-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OCeeBee View Post
                    I went into ZG right before I was to decide which manager to go with.
                    My experience there was a little disillusioning. It runs really young and fast, which means it's a reasonable place for a possible quick 90-page write & sale job.
                    But, it's hard to market yourself there if you're a bit of an unusual writer.

I did get a hip-pocket offer, but went with my gut feeling, and chose a manager that reminded me of what I've read of Cathryn Jaymes.
                    She was super cool.

Comment

• Re: Georgia Vestakis/Zero Gravity Management

Just got a request today from them for my script...good info to work with. thank you, everyone.

Comment

My experience: they request pretty much everything. And you never hear back.
                        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Three weeks ago, requested another feature of mine. They have tended to lean towards science fiction, but beyond script requests, have not replied with rejections or otherwise. I'll keep this updated.

Comment

Everyone's experiences differ. I've dealt with Tai Duncan and Jeff Belkin and both have been prompt with the e mails and very courteous.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony_F View Post
                              Three weeks ago, requested another feature of mine. They have tended to lean towards science fiction, but beyond script requests, have not replied with rejections or otherwise.
                              That's the norm for this industry. Sometimes some managers get back to you with polite passes, but 90% of the time rejection happens by way of a phone not ringing or an email not arriving.

Comment

Working...
                              X