No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANI, AGI, ASI Grey Goo Forums to Ask Questions

hey there.

i have some questions that i need to ask someone or a forum where i can ask questions to bring authenticity to my story.

you know, like a site of experts that help writers with techy stuff? i'm not finding what i need from google. i remember there being one for experts somewhere.

i would be grateful for any help.
    FA4
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: ANI, AGI, ASI Grey Goo Forums to Ask Questions

Lisa, I really do not know what you are looking for.

But this website is interesting for its many links to various aspects of filmmaking. It looks as if it would be fun to explore:

https://filmlifestyle.com/filmmaker-forums/

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

thanks, ComicBent, that is an interesting site that offers a lot of great information-- a great new resource.

i know there are sites/forums where you can "ask an expert" a question about a specific field of interest. for example, medical research.

i'm trying to find a site like that, a forum, for artificial intelligence and programming codex. it's for like ONE line that informs my script's world, but i want it to be based in some kind of possible reality.

or if there's anyone here that might have knowledge that i could ask a few questions would be great, too.

"if i have this situation and i want this to happen how possible is it and it there a specific term for that?" i know it doesn't make sense, but that's the gist of it.

i also need a place to research for a future project.

thank you, ComicBent, i appreciate the help.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Not to put words in her mouth, but I believe she is looking for a site or sites where general questions about many subjects can be asked and there will usually be someone there to answer it. In other words, a number of "experts"/knowledgeable people who can answer questions about a wide range of topics to help her while writing scripts.

I might be misunderstanding but I think it's more a list of sites like this one -- even though this list is about ten years old and some sites might be gone now: https://thenextweb.com/insider/2009/...ions-answered/

[Lisa responded as I was typing.]
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

ok, i found a site that costs $1 for 7 days. you can ask Doctors, Lawyers, financial people, Military experts etc...

it's called "just ask https://my-secure.justanswer.com/das...746c96bf4f01c9

i'll stop back and let you know how it goes. not sure they have this category covered.

1. they will text you within 30 min
          2. ask as many questions until your issue is resolved

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
            Not to put words in her mouth, but I believe she is looking for a site or sites where general questions about many subjects can be asked and there will usually be someone there to answer it. In other words, a number of "experts"/knowledgeable people who can answer questions about a wide range of topics to help her while writing scripts.

I might be misunderstanding but I think it's more a list of sites like this one -- even though this list is about ten years old and some sites might be gone now: https://thenextweb.com/insider/2009/...ions-answered/

[Lisa responded as I was typing.]
            you responded while i was typing, too. yes

thanks for posting this, free is always better. i'll check it out. this looks like a great resource!

Comment

i may have found a website for AI Q&A

https://ai.stackexchange.com/questio...he-human-level

it's called the Stack Exchange in case anyone else needs it. will let you know if responsive.

Comment

I would recommend Reddit communities. There are plenty of "Ask" Subreddits, such as "AskScience" and "AskScienceFiction".

They tend to be friendly from what I've seen, as long as you follow all of the posting guidelines. Those communities are usually pleased to see creators making an effort to more accurately represent their fields.

I am a critic first and a writer second.

I have a background in development and currently provide low-cost coverage.

More info here: www.FourStarNotes.com

Comment

I used this one when I was trying to figure out how to beat a pandemic virus, and I got quite a strange (and valid) scenario once I explained the circumstances I had in mind in the story:

Ask-a-Scientist
                  Last edited by catcon; 08-10-2019, 08:07 AM. Reason: A-ha, I see TitanCreed beat me by one minute!

Comment

Originally posted by TitanCreed View Post
                    I would recommend Reddit communities. There are plenty of "Ask" Subreddits, such as "AskScience" and "AskScienceFiction".

They tend to be friendly from what I've seen, as long as you follow all of the posting guidelines. Those communities are usually pleased to see creators making an effort to more accurately represent their fields.
                    cool i'll try that, too. thank you, TitanCreed.

Comment

Originally posted by catcon View Post
                      I used this one when I was trying to figure out how to beat a pandemic virus, and I got quite a strange (and valid) scenario once I explained the circumstances I had in mind in the story:

Ask-a-Scientist
                      i'm not sure which industry my question falls under. engineering? mathematics?
                      thanks for your help catcon.

Comment

Reddit was the place to go. just learning how to use it, but if anyone out there isn't familiar with Reddit, you might want to try, it's a huge resource.

Comment

I love reddit! I use it for a few things.

If you don't get your question answered, I have a background in AI. Feel free to email me. You have my email address, you sent me some helpful documents about pilot structure, etc. a few months ago.

Comment

lostfootage, yep, i have your email.

and thanks, i appreciate the offer to help.

to all:

this is a cool place to propose questions for world building.

https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/

it's part of the other general site i list above at www.stackexchange.com
                            Last edited by finalact4; 08-11-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                              lostfootage, yep, i have your email.

and thanks, i appreciate the offer to help.

to all:

this is a cool place to propose questions for world building.

https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/

it's part of the other general site i list above at www.stackexchange.com
                              Wow. I'm bookmarking that stack exchange site. It's above my pay grade. Thanks for sharing it.

I've been following this guy on Twitter who claims certain politicians and celebrities are clones, and that aliens are assisting Trump. I recently tried to stay away from doing deep dives into his world -- trying to figure out if he's sincere, or a LARP, or a government psych op. And then I thought, maybe I should stop resisting and just find a movie to write in there somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                              X