Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidnapping genre

Would this be a good time to write a spec kidnapping screenplay or just the opposite? Considering all of the ones being written or sent out recently (Prisoners, Kidnap, etc.)?

Re: Kidnapping genre

Originally posted by briking View Post
    Would this be a good time to write a spec kidnapping screenplay or just the opposite? Considering all of the ones being written or sent out recently (Prisoners, Kidnap, etc.)?
    I'd say with the success of TAKEN and the heat on SNATCHED and PRISONERS, a kidnapping spec that can be shot on a low budget is not a bad way to go.
    QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Now is the time to think one step ahead.

Kidnapping has been hot the last year or so -- but what's next?
      ScreenQuery.com | $5.50 Query Blast Service
      ScreenQuery Monthly Genre Contests - Coming Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ScreenQuery View Post

Owning the intellectual property rights to any film from the 1980's?
        http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lucidimage View Post
          Owning the intellectual property rights to any film from the 1980's?
          I lol'd.

Anyway, this thread just gave me a new high concept idea. So thanks.
          QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreenQuery View Post

Ahead?

May not be that directional.

What's next has more to do with chaos theory than with something lying ahead.

It could be happening behind our back. Or under our feet.
            Last edited by Ulysses; 06-04-2009, 08:43 PM.
            "Ecco il grande Zampano!"

Comment

Originally posted by briking View Post
              The constant shelling of WW I's positional warfare made survival a lottery. Until one method was found to better one's chances.

Whenever a grenade hit, all soldiers threw themselves into the crater that last shell made.

Those old guns never hit the same spot twice. So, jumping into the crater of the last impact was proper survival tactics. The next impact would be anywhere else but in that newest crater.

Film success fires as imprecise as those WWI cannons.

If you jump into the crater of the most recent success, you'll be safe from being hit by success yourself.

Comment

As the next big thing may happen anywhere, I write what fascinates me and what I think may be a good movie.

The rest is...

1. to the gods...

or

2. to the universe...

or

3. to the supreme powers...

or

4. to a coffee-addicted, nineteen year-old script reader (who just had a break-up with his girl-friend)...

or

5. to an agent, crashing his car into a lamp post and getting hit by your script, which was on his back seat because he wrapped his sandwich in it...

or

6. to a producer, who missed a meeting, fired his assistant, had to answer his own phones, used the back of a script lying around for notes, takes it home because he needs the notes, accidentally turns it around, accidentally reads it, accidentally likes it, intentionally greenlights it, and, of course, it happens to be one of your scripts, and, furthermore...

(more chances lying ahead, which are, like all chances, unpredictable. Which is why second-guessing the market place is unlikely to work)

Comment

It's always a good time to tell a great story with a great script.

If it happens to be a kidnapping story, run with it
                  I'm always up to help/read/cover/provide notes for/etc other screenwriters. Just toss me a PM!

Comment

Someone kidnaps a baby goat! That's sleeping dutring the day!
                    Free Script Tips:
                    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

If you've already mapped out a good story and are excited about it, then you should definitely go with it. But if you're thinking to yourself, "Hey there are a lot of kidnapping movies being bought. Maybe I should start thinking about one of those..." don't waste your time. Hollywood constantly suffers from over-saturation, and as a result, elements in scripts that were once red-hot become the script's albatross. I'll always steer people away from zombie scripts and vampire scripts right now for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulysses View Post
                        As the next big thing may happen anywhere, I write what fascinates me and what I think may be a good movie.

The rest is...

1. to the gods...

or

2. to the universe...

or

3. to the supreme powers...

or

4. to a coffee-addicted, nineteen year-old script reader (who just had a break-up with his girl-friend)...

or

5. to an agent, crashing his car into a lamp post and getting hit by your script, which was on his back seat because he wrapped his sandwich in it...

or

6. to a producer, who missed a meeting, fired his assistant, had to answer his own phones, used the back of a script lying around for notes, takes it home because he needs the notes, accidentally turns it around, accidentally reads it, accidentally likes it, intentionally greenlights it, and, of course, it happens to be one of your scripts, and, furthermore...

(more chances lying ahead, which are, like all chances, unpredictable. Which is why second-guessing the market place is unlikely to work)
                        Dude... To ASTROLOGY too, dah

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                        X