Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Screenquery.com - negative user experience

10 days and counting and still no word on my query letter.

If screenquery has no intention on sending out a customers query, they should at least contact them by e-mail stating why and how long.

Comment

Yikes. I used the service a month or so ago and the average responses I would have if I put together my own word email merge and that's fine since it's five bucks but you do want to not just put five bucks in the wind. Thought Arcade and Bram20, will you guys update us on the progress or lack there of?
      "I wrote my first novel because I wanted to read it." - Toni Morrison

www.ttaraturk.com

Comment

Thanks. Yikes. I used them in May and got a great response. Never again. Sorry I recommended them.

Comment

I don't really have an update. I got an email a few weeks ago - something along the lines of "We're sorry you're not happy with the service, we'll refund you".

I instructed them to NOT under ANY circumstances send the query.

I did it on my own and have had really good responses. In any event who is sending the query is irrelevant, it's just a delivery method. It's not like the peopl who screenquery contacts are affiliated or anything - they're just email addresses they've collected.

But bram has been through a bit more. He's hesitant to share the story, but I would urge him to.

To Bram: I won't ever post what you went through with them, it's totally your business... but I really hope you'll consider sharing the final part of your story with everyone. Just thinking about it gets me VERY angry!

Comment

I've been very nice and patient about the whole situation but after seven e-mail attempts to reach this online service and not receiving any type of response, I opened up a online dispute.

Only then was I contacted by him that a retraction letter would be sent out on my behalf to companies, managers etc. that I was longer interested in pitching my idea.

I was completely mortified - my query was never sent, so how can a retraction letter go out.

Yesterday, I was notified by him that my query letter was resent, but I have yet to receive any responses through my e-mail account. So take it for what its worth.

Bram

Comment

Originally posted by bram20 View Post
              He never responded to none of my e-mails
              He responded to them all? So what's the complaint?
              "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...29&postcount=4

In that time frame, and during the vacation period, we have received over 500 emails and query orders. If you two think you are the only people to use our service, then you are wrong. It also takes time to cycle through all of the emails and free orders we received before getting to yours.

I also mentioned in the emails that our phone number listed on the paypal information is like that because a web designer set up all of our accounts needed to have both a website, and paypal gateway.

Sorry for the confusion, but if you have a bad experience, don't use this service ever again and tell everyone how bad it is.
                ScreenQuery.com | $5.50 Query Blast Service
                ScreenQuery Monthly Genre Contests - Coming Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ScreenQuery View Post
                  http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...29&postcount=4

In that time frame, and during the vacation period, we have received over 500 emails and query orders. If you two think you are the only people to use our service, then you are wrong. It also takes time to cycle through all of the emails and free orders we received before getting to yours.

I also mentioned in the emails that our phone number listed on the paypal information is like that because a web designer set up all of our accounts needed to have both a website, and paypal gateway.

Sorry for the confusion, but if you have a bad experience, don't use this service ever again and tell everyone how bad it is.
                  Ummm.....wow.
                  If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                  Dave Barry

Comment

Yeah, I think someone needs to do a refresher in Business 101.

Comment

1. Is the service now active again? (August 29, 2009)

2. maybe, as a service, you could update the Contact Us when you go on vacation:

Contact Us

Feel free to contact us at any time regarding orders, queries, services, or anything else on your mind. We are here to serve you. Typically you will receive a response as soon as possible, but just in case, please allow up to twenty-four hours for a response.

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                        Yeah, I think someone needs to do a refresher in Business 101.
                        I think someone needs a refresher course in common sense.
                        If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                        Dave Barry

Comment

Funny how these business guys ignore complaints until someone starts bitching about the service online...Maybe if screenquery spent less time trolling DDP for bad press and more time reading through the big pile of query letters, they'd have less complaints...Anyways, the whole idea of a service for query letters is pretty nuts...Can't believe it makes money. I'm gonna start a service where you can just pay and have your screenplay written for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
                            I'm gonna start a service where you can just pay and have your screenplay written for you.
                            That's a great idea. If you're in the market for monkeys PM me. I have a lot of monkeys for sale. Give it some thought. Serious inquiries only.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreenQuery View Post

Sorry, now I AM confused. Are you telling me to do both of those things? If you are, will do!

But please keep in mind, when you have paid for something and get no response (and there is no phone # attached, no name attached, nothing - completely anonymous thou art, ScreenQuery), a public forum is the only way to force communication. It was a last resort.

Have a lovely day,

Me.

Comment

Deleted!
                                Last edited by thought_arcade; 08-31-2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X