Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #51
bram20
User

Default Re: Georgia Vestakis/Zero Gravity Management

To be honest with you I really don't give a hoot if anyone on this board believes me or not..I think the consensus of posts back me up on my claims.
bram20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #52
mrjonesprods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram20 View Post
To be honest with you I really don't give a hoot if anyone on this board believes me or not..I think the consensus of posts back me up on my claims.
Try actually reading the entire thread, not just your own posts. If you did, you would see the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantanplan View Post
They request a lot of scripts, which is a good thing for writers. And they're pretty active, which is even more good. Four sales this year on DD, including two specs. When they partner with agents, it seems to be mostly Paradigm. Bad news is when they pass they don't tell you or comment on the script in any way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaker12345 View Post
I would suggest not to submit through Georgia. At best she'll let you know they have passed and nothing else. I queried the managers themselves and have had four reads. One manager passed, gave feedback and wants to look at future work. The second read one and gave me a page of coverage and at the moment is viewing two other scripts. It seems like they liked my scripts but so far ould not pull the trigger. The managers I'm dealing with respond to emails and are pleasure to talk with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescribe22 View Post
I've been repped by them. It's very much a team environment. They work their a$$es off, they've got excellent industry connections, and they know strategy.

I'm definitely not their most experienced or bankable client (hopefully that will change), but I've received nothing but top notch fostering and attention.

This is a very tough time to be a new writer. Simply taking scripts out into the spec market is not the go-to strategy it once was, and even the meetings that result don't seem to be going anywhere.

IMO, it really takes a keen sense of strategy and the ability to give a script multiple avenues for success.

I've seen ZG do this first hand. And while I haven't sold a script as of yet, you can do a little research and see their methods have worked for other clients.

In any event, I know they've made me a better writer and they've worked very hard to market my work. As far as I'm concerned, that's all you can ask for as a client.

They've done their part. Hopefully their investment in me and my material is going to pay off soon.

(remember: These reps don't get paid unless our scripts sell. All the work they put in is an investment. Just like the work we put in.)

BTW, those who say going through Georgia won't lead anywhere are wrong. That's the road I took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmerist View Post
I'm a client there also, and I'm very happy with the support I've gotten from the team. Eric is always pleasant to deal with, the development notes are top-notch and they really believe in hanging in there with you over the long haul, if they believe in your work.
Most of the other posts were asking for contact info, asking how long it took to get read and the rest seemed to be just conjecture. Oh, and then there was all of your rambling about how no one in the business is honest, trustworthy or legitimate.
mrjonesprods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #53
bram20
User

Merry Christmas
bram20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:59 AM   #54
wks2001
User

like someone else, who i can see has had an inkling of contact with the industry said - "If you register and copyright your story - not an idea - but a well thought out treament/sans script - then you are protected from vultures - still - dont give up the whole outline to the world. just bits and pieces...

wks
wks2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:17 AM   #55
LauriD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanji View Post
i think ZG is one of those mgmt companies that request 15 percent. after reading whats been said about them on this thread, it further supports the idea that mgrs who take 15 are to be avoided.
I thought 15% for managers was standard??
LauriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #56
mrjonesprods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriD View Post
10 percent is standard. If ZG, or anyone else wants 15, negotiate with them. (I never had to negotiate this with ZG when I was with them.) I would never pay 15 percent - to ZG or anyone else.
mrjonesprods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #57
catcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjonesprods View Post
10 percent is standard. If ZG, or anyone else wants 15, negotiate with them. (I never had to negotiate this with ZG when I was with them.) I would never pay 15 percent - to ZG or anyone else.
Yeah, this was all hashed out in the past month in another thread. I think it's fair, especially since there are all the other potential middle-persons (agent, lawyer, business manager, etc.) On the other hand, if they used to expect 15, and are now being expected to take 10, it's another reason for them to only take a risk on the best of the best, of the known quantities, on the same-old same-old types of specs. That's understandable and predictable, and if it in any way translates into more empowered screenwriters and better product for the consumer, great. But it certainly makes the business an even tougher nut to crack into.
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #58
lordmanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriD View Post
who sold you that bull?
lordmanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #59
spacefarer

ZG charges 10%.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"
spacefarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #60
Sherbet
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram20 View Post
Yes, my work is protected to the best of my knowledge and I've kept all e-mails and correspondence..but you can't fight the man.

I'm probably going off topic here, but you CAN fight 'the man' - and win. If you have proof of your intellectual property, and have a solid case, there are plenty of lawyers out there who will take it up on a contingency fee basis.

A production company that "steals" someone's work won't be in business for very long.

You sound like you prefer to be paranoid because it gives you an excuse not to write.
Sherbet is offline   Reply With Quote