Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Low Budget Scripts

I am looking for low budget scripts...($100.000 to $3.000.000) thrillers or dramas would be best. Could be a contained a la Buried or could be in different locations, just nothing too crazy. I have some good contacts here in Hollywood and in Flo. I want to make my first film. If you are interested, send me a logline... if I like any of them, I will ask for your script. Then we can discuss better how we can move forward...

If this sounds stupid or weird to you just please don't write negative things. I am not a producer. I am not an actor. I am not a douchebag. And I don't want to make false promises either... I just want to try to make my first film but (due to personal reasons) don't want to spend the time writing now.

If this appeals to you -- great. If not, sorry I wasted your time.

Thanks.

Re: Looking for Low Budget Scripts

You're asking for a film script to MAKE A MOVIE. You need more enthusiasm!
    2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

Originally posted by gs1979 View Post
      I am looking for low budget scripts...($100.000 to $3.000.000) thrillers or dramas would be best. Could be a contained a la Buried or could be in different locations, just nothing too crazy. I have some good contacts here in Hollywood and in Flo. I want to make my first film. If you are interested, send me a logline... if I like any of them, I will ask for your script. Then we can discuss better how we can move forward...

If this sounds stupid or weird to you just please don't write negative things. I am not a producer. I am not an actor. I am not a douchebag. And I don't want to make false promises either... I just want to try to make my first film but (due to personal reasons) don't want to spend the time writing now.

If this appeals to you -- great. If not, sorry I wasted your time.

Thanks.
      PM me. I have several available.

Comment

You're not a producer, not a writer, yet want to make a film.
        You want to break into wardrobe, don't you?

Why don't you post a little more information about yourself and/or your contacts? Anyone can say, "Hey, I want to make a film, man," but not everyone has the capacity to do it.

Can you do it?
        Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
          You're not a producer, not a writer, yet want to make a film.
          You want to break into wardrobe, don't you?

Why don't you post a little more information about yourself and/or your contacts? Anyone can say, "Hey, I want to make a film, man," but not everyone has the capacity to do it.

Can you do it?
          I have to agree with this. If your not a producer then what are you? Would you consider yourself an "aspiring producer"? Or are you planning on trying to sell the script you end up getting, similar to an manger/agent?

Or are you just hoping to find a script, sit on it and hope magic happens and take partial credit for it?

Comment

Well said True Illusion. I couldn't of summed it up better.

Comment

I am a writer/director just like thousands of people here but I'm also trying to branch out into producing. I've been working in the industry for quite a few years so I know very well how the industry works. I was just lucky to meet certain people along the way that have access to money. Like I stated before, for personal reasons, I don't want to spend another 6 months trying to write a story. I want to try to make my first feature film...I feel it's time for me to make that step so...I know it's not gonna happen overnight, I know how long it takes to get something made but I need to start by finding the right script first. I don't think I'm asking for anything crazy here. If you have a low budget script and want me to read it, great, send me a logline and if I'm interested I'll ask you to send me the script -- if not... it's totally cool. Trust me last thing I want to do is waste anyone's time or pretend to be someone that I am not. I know how hard and painful it is to get anywhere in this industry. I know how difficult it is to find a manager/ agent or a producer to pay attention to you... So bottom line, If I find the right script, and I'm completely in love with it... I will do my very best to make something happen. That's all.

Comment

Hey Gs,

As an indy Dir myself, I would say it's an idea to post up links to your produced work, shorts/music videos... whatever, and ideally your agent/manager details. It's a two way street & members with quality material will want some reassurance that you know what you are doing/and are serious before they share.

Best of Luck.

Comment

You ARE a producer- you're looking for scripts to turn into a movie. You just need to "cowboy up" and be bold and say you're prepared to make a freaking 3 million dollar movie and who has a script that is worthy?

Comment

Working...
                  X