No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informal Survey

Which would you rather have happen

1) Get a manager/producer to read your script and like it but for no known reason never hear from them again

2) Send your script out and have the manager/producer read it and say it's not for them

3) Send your script out and never hear another word from the person

Re: Informal Survey

Originally posted by CrissCross View Post

1) Get a manager/producer to read your script and like it but for no known reason never hear from them again

2) Send your script out and have the manager/producer read it and say it's not for them

I experienced all 3 of those, in reverse order (3, 2, 1) and they all pretty much sucked, or at least I have no desire to experience any of them again. (Although, when dealing with producers, #2 is unavoidable, even for A-list writers, and #1 happens all the time too; hey, at least they read it, or pretended to.)

Comment

#2.

At least they found some element of it redeeming in one fashion or another. At least so they say...
      " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

#2 The uncertainty of 1 or 3 would drive me nuts
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

You're basically asking us to choose between three variations of passes, none of which are good. So I'll pick #4, None of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
            You're basically asking us to choose between three variations of passes, none of which are good. So I'll pick #4, None of the above.
            Yeh. It reminds me of a scene in "Idiocracy", the future's top-rated TV show - "Ow, My Balls!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrissCross View Post

I'd rather have none of the above happen, but if I had to choose, I like the clarity of #2. All three are passes, but if given the choice I'd rather have someone actually tell me that than leave me wondering.

Comment

Working...
              X