No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distribution Suggestions

Hey there!

I wrote and produced a feature length film years ago, which in the past 14 months has received exposure and positive feedback in the film festival circuit. We have been nominated for 7 awards and won 3 of those awards.

So, my question is, now that we are looking for distribution, I have had a few companies contact me. Any thoughts on the following:

Indican Pictures
    Walking Shadows (formerly Circus Road Films)
    Adler & Associates Entertainment

These are among some that have contacted me. Has anyone dealt with them? Positive experiences?

Re: Distribution Suggestions

Contacted you in regards to what kind of distribution deal though?

I've had contact with several distribution companies but none of those you mentioned.

If you're just interested in knowing their reputation then you typically can google them and find a ton of negative conversations if they're shady or don't pay out when they're supposed to, etc.
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Re: Distribution Suggestions

I thought Circus Road was a producer's rep, no?

I have no personal experience with these, but it comes down to what they're going to do for you. Mostly these days all you're paying them for is ease of access to various channels, some of which you could frankly go directly through yourself.

My film is handled by Indie Rights. They're transparent and quick to pay quarterly, but don't do much in the way of marketing/pushing, although they are starting to get out there more at film markets etc.

Comment

Working...
      X